I have a team currently working in Rio, Brazil and I'd like to get some Blackberrys for them ... I've heard certain units do not work there. Anybody have any experience with this? Which units work?

We're currently on the Cingular system, and according to their website, there is no additional fee to use Blackberry for email there ... any experience on that, too?

Thank you!
    04-07-07 02:25 PM
    I have no experience with Cingular, but last time I was roaming through their website, I'm pretty sure that I did see an international BB data plan. If so, that should work, but check with them to make sure.

Of course, there also has to be a GSM carrier with BB service there in Brazil also.
    04-07-07 11:34 PM
    Yes, I'm with Cingular and add the international plan as needed when I leave the US and travel around the world. I haven't been to Brazil (would love to) but can't imagine there would be a problem there. I have had no problem sending/receiving. Please double check but my bet is that you would be fine with Cingular.
    04-08-07 12:34 AM
    I got off the phone with the Cingular international services rep and I was told that there have been a lot of problems with the BB working in Brazil. Also, it doesn't work at all in Japan and Taiwan (different operating freq...21MHz there I believe). Just getting my 8700c set up. It has been pretty easy to figure out so far. At least the basic functions... I wanna start adding new programs! Oh, oh is this how it starts?

Ron
    04-13-07 02:20 PM
    ...actually, too late! You're already on the 'addict train'. Just keep rolling...

Welcome!
    04-13-07 02:26 PM
    Yep navilyn, I think I'm already well on my way. I wonder what the gf will think if (when!) this little jewel comes with us to France...
    04-13-07 03:07 PM
    Yep navilyn, I think I'm already well on my way. I wonder what the gf will think if (when!) this little jewel comes with us to France...
    Get her one aswell.....The when you two are busy...so are the BBs
    04-13-07 04:34 PM
    I have no experience with Cingular, but last time I was roaming through their website, I'm pretty sure that I did see an international BB data plan. If so, that should work, but check with them to make sure.

Of course, there also has to be a GSM carrier with BB service there in Brazil also.
    Tim, Claro and Vivo have blackberrys here. bring unlocked ones as they cost a fortune here
    09-30-07 04:15 PM
    Tim, Claro and Vivo have blackberrys here. bring unlocked ones as they cost a fortune here
    Wow, old thread.
    09-30-07 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD