Hi everyone,

As more of my friends join the good side and buy BB's, I've started using BBM more and more. The only complaint I have is that every now and then the red indicator light that goes off when you have a new msg, continues to go off even though I have no new messages. I also have no other messages, emails, missed calls that would make the light blink. Any suggestions on how to avoid this or get it to stop blinking? Its annoying me since I keep thinking I missed a message but I actually didn't.

Thanks!
    11-12-08 03:31 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull lately?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 03:36 PM
    Be sure you've checked Email messages, SMS messages, MMS messages, the all-up Messages, and Internet Messages. I'll bet it is hidden in one of those 5 potential places. :-) Good luck, and welcome to CB.
    11-12-08 05:20 PM
    The battery pull works as it does for everything that goes wrong with a BB. I would like to know what is actually causing it so I can either avoid it or find a different solution to the battery pull. I've also checked all of the possible places a new msg (email, text or otherwise) could be hiding and nothing. I'm thinking it has something to do with the length of a conversation? I tend to leave conversations open since I talk to the same people multiple times during the day. I might try just closing them to see if I can get the light to stop blinking.
    11-13-08 10:47 AM
    Did you go to the nessages icon, then click the menu button, choose View Folders and look in each and every folder? I'm willing to bet its stuck in there somewhere. I don't know of any other reason it would flash. Even if you do leave the message early or its a long message!

11-13-08 10:52 AM
    Did you go to the nessages icon, then click the menu button, choose View Folders and look in each and every folder? I'm willing to bet its stuck in there somewhere. I don't know of any other reason it would flash. Even if you do leave the message early or its a long message!

Thanks! I'll try that.
    11-15-08 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD