Hello!
    I'm new to BB (and to CB--love this place!!!). I was thinking about getting that y'know, "apple gadget," but the csr at Verizon pointed me at the Storm, and I was beyond jazzed for that, but I went to the store today and picked up a Curve 8330 (in pink!). [I might still exchange it next week when the Storm hits. I'm loving the Curve, but I could be loving it more...]

Well, I've been through the setup wizard, and I've looked through the manual, but I'm still not sure how to do a few things. I know I'll get it in time, but it's a totally new UI for me (only used WM5 & Verizon before...). Feeling pretty lost in the meantime.

(1) I'd like my device to make an alert sound when a new message comes in, but I can't seem to find where the alert sound preferences are...

(2) Also, I heard there was a great flickr upload app, but I went through the Verizon homepage site, but found nada...Where's a girl find good software for this baby?

(3) How about an easy YouTube upload app; anyone know of one of those?

(4) And finally, is there a good wp-admin app? The dashboard interface over the browser is a little clunky...

[Clearly *not* an enterprise user, now am I?]

Pointers to where to find my answers are appreciated, but actual answers coupled with a little handholding and willingness to endure my undoubtedly tedious noobiesque further questions met with profound gratitude, loads of good karma, and many kisses blown your way...
    11-13-08 11:03 PM
    Go to profiles and then advanced then to to edit and you will find where to change all alert tones

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 11:13 PM
    I looked in profiles before, but it wasn't until you said there'd be an 'advanced' option that I thought to scroll down in there. Thanks so much!
    11-13-08 11:19 PM
    Your welcome

11-13-08 11:36 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Enjoy the addiction
    11-14-08 12:59 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!

11-14-08 01:09 AM
    welcome to cb ! take a look at the 101 link in my signature it will help you out alot
    11-14-08 01:18 AM
    Welcome to the CB family!
    11-14-08 01:31 AM
    Thanks for the welcome, you guys!

It's really overwhelming. There's so much good information, but there's so much of it, if you know what I mean...

Can anyone help with my questions about apps?
    11-14-08 08:54 AM
    Thanks for the welcome, you guys!

It's really overwhelming. There's so much good information, but there's so much of it, if you know what I mean...

Can anyone help with my questions about apps?

On your BB, go to blackberry.com. Click software, then go down to Ways to stay connected (I think that's what it's called) Flickr should be listed there as well as many others. Download it straight from there. HTH - Josh
    11-14-08 09:13 AM
    Hello!
    I'm new to BB (and to CB--love this place!!!). I was thinking about getting that y'know, "apple gadget," but the csr at Verizon pointed me at the Storm, and I was beyond jazzed for that, but I went to the store today and picked up a Curve 8330 (in pink!). [I might still exchange it next week when the Storm hits. I'm loving the Curve, but I could be loving it more...]

Well, I've been through the setup wizard, and I've looked through the manual, but I'm still not sure how to do a few things. I know I'll get it in time, but it's a totally new UI for me (only used WM5 & Verizon before...). Feeling pretty lost in the meantime.

(1) I'd like my device to make an alert sound when a new message comes in, but I can't seem to find where the alert sound preferences are...

(2) Also, I heard there was a great flickr upload app, but I went through the Verizon homepage site, but found nada...Where's a girl find good software for this baby?

(3) How about an easy YouTube upload app; anyone know of one of those?

(4) And finally, is there a good wp-admin app? The dashboard interface over the browser is a little clunky...

[Clearly *not* an enterprise user, now am I?]

Pointers to where to find my answers are appreciated, but actual answers coupled with a little handholding and willingness to endure my undoubtedly tedious noobiesque further questions met with profound gratitude, loads of good karma, and many kisses blown your way...
    Welcome to Crackberry.com

I found a great Youtube launcher that get you onto youtube, but I can't find the link. As soon as I do, I'll post it.
    11-14-08 11:15 PM
    11-14-08 11:23 PM
    Welcome to CB

11-15-08 01:40 AM
    Welcome aboard!

11-15-08 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD