Well my Treo650 will have to find a new home. That is if I keep the storm past the 30day trial period.

So totally new to the BBerry world what are the Top 5 or so things I should know?

I was hacking and doing all kinds of things with the treo, which is why I held it for so long.

So give me what ya got Im hoping to be amazed with the BB Storm.

cheers

oh and shhhh - dont tell the treocentral guys......
    11-21-08 04:56 PM
    Book ahead to Crackberry rehab, could get busy with this latest Storm comin through. Crackberry Rehab - Crackberry Rehab

Launch your addiction into the next dimension. Go to wap.crackberry.com (from your phone) and install your CB Launcher.

No worries Intervention is not in our vocabulary here, enjoy your addiction to the fullest.

Welcome to Crackberry!

Take advantage of the very helpful BB 101. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com . Also the powerfull search engine to dig through this bottomless pit of Crackberry knowledge for stuff already answered. Post on those existing threads or post a new one if need be. Many folks here happy to help. Some searching tips... Go To: Search Forums / Advanced Search / Key word search / search by title / "pick a key word" that comes to mind and you might stumble upon some answers and/or clues. Or search by Post content...

11-21-08 05:04 PM
    Top 5 things:
    1. Know that you'll probably never know all the things your BB can do (it's an amazing phone that is feature rich)
    2. Know that you'll spend more time on CB than you thought
    3. Know that when you think you know everything, come to CB and you'll find someone that knows just one more thing than you do
    4. Know that your new phone will become a part of your life (in a BIG way)
    5. Know that CB fans are always here to answer your questions!

Just kidding (sort of). In reality, the BB phones surpass any other phone in form, features and functionality - they truly are a personal assistant, and I have YET to find out what they can't do.

In fact, last night on the forums, I learned it can be turned into a flashlight. I used it to scare the be-geezus out of my husband about 11:30 last night. That was totally fun...

Anyway - wanted to welcome you to CB, and look forward to seeing you around.

The only thing we ask - is if you learn something new that can help others on the forum - share it!!!

P.S. Now that you have a BB, sign the life as you knew it, away here: __________________. Press hard - three copies. ;-)
    Last edited by thepaintedpony; 11-21-08 at 08:14 PM.
    11-21-08 08:09 PM
    Thanks for the info!!!

Ive been trying to load the CB site on it and its giving me a 503 error.

Very strange.

I understand about rehab. had it with the treo! and when the linux hack came out and i could code on it my family really thought i was on something. ~cheers
    11-25-08 05:26 PM
    I am also new to Blackberry with the Storm. I am on vacation and can not activate it though. This is also my first smart phone. I have been viewing this site for a while now getting info.

I can not wait to do everything I can with my new Blackberry. I did play a little although I could not activate, and I must say that I am going to love the Storm.

Thanks for the reminder about Blackberry 101. I will check it out!!
    11-25-08 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD