Would it cause any problems to install the desktop software and media manager on two different machines? I have it installed at work to sync contacts, tasks, and podcasts. I would like to install it at home just to transfer podcasts. Does anyone else do this and know that it will not cause any problems?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is somewhere else but I haven't ran across this yet in reading through the forums.
    06-27-08 07:17 PM
    Nope, not at all...

I do it, too...
    06-27-08 07:21 PM
    That's actually better. The more places you have your data backed up, the less chances of losing the info. (PC at home crashes, you still have the work PC and vice versa.)
    06-28-08 12:18 PM
    If you're not a BES user then this shouldn't be a problem. I've found that BES users with Desktop Software on multiple systems have to be careful with settings and versions as not to cause device and email behavior problems.
    06-28-08 12:41 PM
    Points all well taken, good point about the backup. I just started to question it when I loaded the software off of the disk that came with my blackberry on my pc at work and went to download (instead of using the cd) for the install at home. I found that I had 4.3 loaded at work and found a 4.5 to download on the net. No BES here...

Thanks
    06-28-08 02:51 PM
    NP...just post if you have any more questions,,,Welcome to CB...
    06-28-08 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD