So real quick background on how I got my new blackberry curve 8330. I had recently upgraded from my old phone to a new LG EnV2 about 2 months ago. I didn't want it but my wife was being a penny pincher and was complaining about the $30 a month I would have to pay etc. I got the EnV2 for free but I could've gotten the BB Curve for an additional $50. Well none the less last week I started to have problems with the stupid LG. The speaker made everyone sound like they were in a tunnel no matter what and the screens, both internal and external were on the frizz. So I went into my local Verizon Wireless store and actually talked to the Manager and told him that I was pretty upset and wanted a better phone. He then thought about it for a second or two and typed up some stuff on his computer and then asked what I wanted. I jokeingly said a Blackberry. He then typed up some stuff and said ok just go home and give me your LG and it's charger and I will do that for you. I litterly almost screemed like a teenage girl at a boy band concert. lol. So thats how I got it and I love it!
    Now for my question. I made my own profile for the ringers and messages. Everything is turned on to a ringer and vibration for all my alerts and no matter if the phone is in a holster or not its all turned on to ring+vibrate. But yet when the phones screen goes black like a screen saver or something and i get a text message it just vibrates! It's frustrating. I want to hear something. What am I doing wrong? Please help.
    10-15-08 11:44 AM
    if its set to vib and ring its vibrates first twice then will ring
    thats how blackberrys are made stupid I know

if you want it to do both at the same time you can buy a program called vib and ring
    10-15-08 11:51 AM
    Oh ok cool thank you very much
    10-15-08 12:10 PM
    if its set to vib and ring its vibrates first twice then will ring
    thats how blackberrys are made stupid I know

if you want it to do both at the same time you can buy a program called vib and ring
    I don't think this is stupid at all. I prefer my phone to vibrate first, as it gives me an opportunity to silence or ignore the call before my ringtone begins to play.
    10-15-08 12:15 PM
    I don't think this is stupid at all. I prefer my phone to vibrate first, as it gives me an opportunity to silence or ignore the call before my ringtone begins to play.
    that's how I prefer it but to not offer an option to ring and vibrate at the same time is what I am referring to as stupid
    10-15-08 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD