05-18-09 01:01 PM
63 123
tools
    I had to change my Palm conduits (using the Palm cd) so that my Treo syned with Outlook. All the organizer data should then be in Outlook.

Just make sure you map the Contacts info so it transfers to Outlook as you want it to. I was in a hurry and didn't; now I have to cut n paste to get the data correct in all my contacts. Pain in the ___!

Let me know if this doesn't make any sense.
    I'm sooo confuzzled lol
    05-10-09 12:33 PM
    Tia:
    Sorry I lost ya'. Let's start again.

Desktop Manager (DM) version? lower left corner of the DM screen

OS version on your BB? homescreen-options-about-3rd line down will read 4.x.x.xxx

It sounds like you have installed DM. Have you run it yet? The first time you run DM, it connects to the internet to validate your installation... if it cant find the net, it wont let you continue.

Just trying to figure out where you are.
    05-10-09 10:36 PM
    Tia:
    Sorry I lost ya'. Let's start again.

Desktop Manager (DM) version? lower left corner of the DM screen

OS version on your BB? homescreen-options-about-3rd line down will read 4.x.x.xxx

It sounds like you have installed DM. Have you run it yet? The first time you run DM, it connects to the internet to validate your installation... if it cant find the net, it wont let you continue.

Just trying to figure out where you are.
    I've downloaded DM(4.6 without media manager ) & ran it, it was fine but would freeze when i chose to migrate my info from palm.
    You said i can transfer all my palm os info into outlook& then tranf to BB, I'd like to try that. So now how do I transf the info from palm desktop(6.2 version the last one available) into outlook?

btw TIA means Thank you In Advance lol my name is actually Stacy hehe
    05-11-09 09:36 AM
    Sorry about that Stacy

Good move on downloading DM without MM. I had issues with that when I first installed from the cd. Conflicted with other Roxio software on my pc. It's easier to just use drag 'n drop to move music, pictures etc to your media card. You do have a media card, right? If not, you will want to get one. Capacity of card you can use depends on the OS you are running on the BB? Too many initials, let me know.

Yes, you can sync your organizer data to Outlook. First step is on the Palm side......
    05-11-09 10:27 AM
    Sorry about that Stacy

Good move on downloading DM without MM. I had issues with that when I first installed from the cd. Conflicted with other Roxio software on my pc. It's easier to just use drag 'n drop to move music, pictures etc to your media card. You do have a media card, right? If not, you will want to get one. Capacity of card you can use depends on the OS you are running on the BB? Too many initials, let me know.

Yes, you can sync your organizer data to Outlook. First step is on the Palm side......
    I already put pics,books,music,etc on the microsd that's no prob i have 4gb( will prob upgrade when i run out of space& 16gbs are cheaper lol) & pretty much have figured the bb out just need to know how to transf the palm stuff into outlook now
    thanks
    05-11-09 10:44 AM
    Most excellent. And you had reservations about the BB.

FYI, here is the chart pick out your OS and that is the size card you can get for your device:

BlackBerry Device Software Media Card Size Limit
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and later Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and later Up to 32 GB

Are you at the pc where you can do the Palm transfer to Outlook? You will need the Palm CD.
    05-11-09 11:17 AM
    Most excellent. And you had reservations about the BB.

FYI, here is the chart pick out your OS and that is the size card you can get for your device:

BlackBerry Device Software Media Card Size Limit
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and later Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and later Up to 32 GB

Are you at the pc where you can do the Palm transfer to Outlook? You will need the Palm CD.
    my 8330 can do up to 16gb i looked it up before

i'll be on after 6:30pm eastern from home to figure out the outlook merge.
    i don't have a cd drive on my netbook, i download all the software online usually
    Last edited by psixichka; 05-11-09 at 04:43 PM.
    05-11-09 04:40 PM
    I think you can do it this way:

Changing a HotSync Conduit Action

A conduit synchronizes data between your handheld and your computer for a specific application.
    For each user account, you can specify how a conduit will behave during subsequent HotSync operations.

To change a HotSync conduit action

1. From the HotSync Manager menu, choose Custom.
    2. Click the User selector and select which users conduits you want to change.
    3. Double-click the conduit you want to change.
    4. In the Change HotSync Action dialog box, select the action you want to use.
    5. Click the Set as default check box to save these settings as the default for future HotSync operations.

Important If you do not click the Set as default check box, the action you select occurs only during the next HotSync operation.

6. Click OK.
    7. Repeat steps 3 - 7 to change other conduits for the selected user account.
    8. In the Custom dialog box, click Done.

Copyright 1997-2004 PalmSource, Inc. and its affiliates. All rights reserved. Document number 5068-002.
    05-11-09 04:55 PM
    I think you can do it this way:

Changing a HotSync Conduit Action

A conduit synchronizes data between your handheld and your computer for a specific application.
    For each user account, you can specify how a conduit will behave during subsequent HotSync operations.

To change a HotSync conduit action

1. From the HotSync Manager menu, choose Custom.
    2. Click the User selector and select which users conduits you want to change.
    3. Double-click the conduit you want to change.
    4. In the Change HotSync Action dialog box, select the action you want to use.
    5. Click the Set as default check box to save these settings as the default for future HotSync operations.

Important If you do not click the Set as default check box, the action you select occurs only during the next HotSync operation.

6. Click OK.
    7. Repeat steps 3 - 7 to change other conduits for the selected user account.
    8. In the Custom dialog box, click Done.

Copyright 1997-2004 PalmSource, Inc. and its affiliates. All rights reserved. Document number 5068-002.
    nope this isn't it
    A conduit synchronizes data between your device and your computer for a specific application. You can control how a conduit for each account will behave during synchronization. You can change your conduit action preference:

example; either syncs data with handheld
    or desktop overwrites handheld
    or handheld overwrites desktop
    or does nothing

I'LL TRY TO FIGURE IT OUT
    THANKS
    05-11-09 06:31 PM
    I knew that; it's how I would overwrite one side or the other, but I thought you might be able to change the desktop application too. Didn't want to change mine around.

I know I used the cd that came with my Treo. Try looking at the site from which you downloaded your files. My desktop was older version; 4.1.4.

The idea is to switch the desktop application from palm deskto to outlook in the set up that come up (at least from the cd change/installation) Make sure you get any mapping set.

Then you would be ready to sync with your berry.

Let me know how it goes.
    05-11-09 06:51 PM
    eeehhh so not working & i think it messed up my outlook lol
    eehhh i don't use it anyway lol

maybe i'll try again at work... lol
    05-11-09 07:57 PM
    what occurred?
    05-11-09 08:10 PM
    what occurred?
    it now won't show calendar (says unable to display), but shows calendar in the contacts lol.
    a few of my friends know computers & it
    i'll ask them to reinstall it
    05-11-09 08:29 PM
    That's not what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.

What steps did you follow?

Last I heard:

nope this isn't it
    A conduit synchronizes data between your device and your computer for a specific application. You can control how a conduit for each account will behave during synchronization. You can change your conduit action preference:

or does nothing

THANKS

This is the link to the User Guide for DM version 4.6. Look at p. 28. Switch Device Wizard may have frozen because you have Palm Desktop version 6.2. It only supports through Palm Desktop version 6.0.1

If you were able to change the Palm conduits so that your Palm device sync'd with Outlook, all you data should have migrated to Outlook. This is what I was hoping for you to do. Did this not go as planned????
    Last edited by Irwin II; 05-11-09 at 10:35 PM.
    05-11-09 10:10 PM
    That's not what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.

What steps did you follow?

Last I heard:

nope this isn't it

or does nothing

THANKS

This is the link to the User Guide for DM version 4.6. Look at p. 28. Switch Device Wizard may have frozen because you have Palm Desktop version 6.2. It only supports through Palm Desktop version 6.0.1

If you were able to change the Palm conduits so that your Palm device sync'd with Outlook, all you data should have migrated to Outlook. This is what I was hoping for you to do. Did this not go as planned????
    i'm sorry been a bit busy
    nope didn't get anything done and been busy @ work
    nor did i get my outlook fixed

you think if i delete the palm desktop 6.2 & dl the older 6.0 version it'll work? i mean i'll just sync the centro to transf all the info 6.0
    i think it's a better option rather than outlook since i'll be able to transf all data not just contacts into the bb right?
    05-13-09 06:34 PM
    Good to hear from you. Let's take it a step at a time.

Found this:
    View Document

And this:
    View Document

Read those and see if that helps. I'm not sure what is on your BB now. Your last msg was cryptic. We might need to clear that first?
    05-13-09 07:22 PM
    what i thought i would do is delete the palm desktop 6.2 from my computer
    and install 6.0.1
    to see if that'll do the trick
    05-13-09 07:35 PM
    Make sure you have all your data intact on the palm. You also should still have the data file on the pc; just an "older" version of the Palm desktop.

Syncing w/outlook will move calendar,contacts,tasks & memos

Keep notes of what you do & what happens so you have something to refer back to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 07:46 PM
    wow so i just reinstalled palm desktop
    &synced my palm with outlook
    but since the contacts are messed up i lost all contacts data
    i do have some saved @ work's outlook & some on the previous palm 700p so i can recover some
    umm yeah at least i have the calendar (datebook) right? lol
    05-13-09 08:31 PM
    and it's still not syncing to outlook
    it says synchronizing
    and then it beeps and window dissapears no error messages or anything...

i've tried it all
    i'm screwed
    05-13-09 09:05 PM
    From Outlook helpfile.

Restore Items by dragging from the .pst data file

On the File menu, point to Open, and then click Outlook Data File.
    Click the .pst file you want, and then click OK.
    The name of the folder associated with the data file appears in the Folder List (folder home page: Internet Web page or intranet page that is associated with an Outlook folder. If a page has been associated with the folder and the option is set, the Web page appears in the Outlook window whenever you select the folder.). To view the Folder List, on the Go menu, click Folder List. By default, the folder will be called Personal Folders.

Move or copy items in the folder that you opened to the folder you want to restore items to.
    To close the data file folder, right-click it and click Close "Folder Name" on the shortcut menu.

Restore items by importing a .pst file

On the File menu, click Import and Export.
    Click Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
    Click Personal Folder File (.pst), and then click Next.
    In the File to import box, specify the path and file name of the .pst file you want to import.
    Choose one of the following:
    1. Replace duplicates with items imported. If any existing data in the folder that you are importing to duplicates information in the .pst file, it will be overwritten with the information in the .pst file.
    2. Allow duplicate items to be created. Existing data in the folder you are importing to will not be overwritten with the information in the .pst file but will be kept instead.
    3. Do not import duplicate items. Existing data in the folder you are importing to will be kept, and any duplicate information in the .pst file will not be copied to the folder.
    Follow the remaining instructions in the Import and Export Wizard. Microsoft Outlook copies the items from the .pst into the folder you specify.

I believe your Outlook data file is named outlook.pst. It is located in the following folder:
    c:\Documents and Setting\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

I would wait before trying anything else at this point. If you have all your data in Outlook at work, I think the first option above may be your best bet. See if you can ask someone at work their opinion. Maybe they can show you how to do this on a pc at work.

You still have all your data on the Palm, correct? So we can try this again. You should also have all your data on the Palm Desktop as a backup.

Keep smiling.
    05-13-09 11:33 PM
    I do not have current & up to date contacts on the palm or palm desktop nor outlook anywhere.

I do however have the contacts.csv file i saved when i first attempted to transf them, so is it a safe bet to assume i can at least transf them back into the palm desktop?

I dont have all my data @ work, but i will attempt to maybe sync my palm to outlook at work & try transf data to the bb from here, cause i probably messed up my outlook at home & it's not syncing to my bb properly...

thank you btw
    Last edited by psixichka; 05-14-09 at 08:28 AM.
    05-14-09 08:23 AM
    If you exported the .csv file from the Palm desktop, you should also be able to import it back in. My version (4.1.4) only supports .dba (Date Book Archive) and .vcs (vCal file) files on import, but yours may be able to import the .csv file.

Do you mean sync to the Palm or Outlook? You need to get all your data in one place, on one device, at one time. Once you have that we should be able to proceed. If you sync at work you would only have access to the data on the pc there, obviously.

One thing I haven't asked is about your email. Are you on BES or BIS? And is your email set correctly as CICAL and CMIME on your BB? options-advanced options-default services

Do you only have one calendar set up on your BB? We need to have all your data, intact, in one place and a clean BB.
    Last edited by Irwin II; 05-14-09 at 11:29 AM.
    05-14-09 10:58 AM
    05-14-09 11:59 AM
    If you exported the .csv file from the Palm desktop, you should also be able to import it back in. My version (4.1.4) only supports .dba (Date Book Archive) and .vcs (vCal file) files on import, but yours may be able to import the .csv file.

Do you mean sync to the Palm or Outlook? You need to get all your data in one place, on one device, at one time. Once you have that we should be able to proceed. If you sync at work you would only have access to the data on the pc there, obviously.

One thing I haven't asked is about your email. Are you on BES or BIS? And is your email set correctly as CICAL and CMIME on your BB? options-advanced options-default services

Do you only have one calendar set up on your BB? We need to have all your data, intact, in one place and a clean BB.
    i really want to have everything on my netbook not on the computer at work
    so I'm going to have a friend who is in IT look at my netbook @ home attempt to fix outlook sometime this weekend
    I believe I'm on BIS
    calendar CICAL
    messaging CMIME
    05-14-09 01:03 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD