Welcome to CB!!
    thanks I'm subscribed lol

i'm actually helping/informing my coworkers of all the existing apps/functions and they've had their bbs for a long time now haha
    05-14-09 01:06 PM
    See what happens when you come to the Forums?

If you are on BIS, then CICAL and CMIME should read with your personal email address. Is that what is there? That may be part of the Outlook problem......
    05-14-09 01:22 PM
    See what happens when you come to the Forums?

If you are on BIS, then CICAL and CMIME should read with your personal email address. Is that what is there? That may be part of the Outlook problem......
    That's what it says when I looked where you told me to next to calendar it says cical
    &messaging cmime & then my personal email
    05-14-09 03:51 PM
    Now, is that what it says in Outlook? Tools-email accounts

I'll also look through my notes from when I txfrd over myself.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Irwin II; 05-14-09 at 04:27 PM.
    05-14-09 03:55 PM
    Now, is that what it says in Outlook? Tools-email accounts
    umm no that;s what it says on the bb
    when i click tools email accts
    it says add new email acct
    05-15-09 07:33 PM
    No. Sorry. Wasn't clear on that.

In Outlook, look in the 'Tools' menu. Then 'Email Accounts' That needs to match the email account on your BB.

05-15-09 10:06 PM
    No. Sorry. Wasn't clear on that.

In Outlook, look in the 'Tools' menu. Then 'Email Accounts' That needs to match the email account on your BB.

ok so my friend reinstalled outlook(2007)& we synced
    contacts transfered
    datebook didn't
    no clue what the problem is
    ehh at least something right?
    05-15-09 11:06 PM
    OK. So you got your contacts transferred to Outlook. Good. I am assuming you changed the conduits in Palm to sync with Outlook and did a 'normal' hotsync? Also just found this in the Outlook 2007 helpfile:
    Outlook 2007 Update (Windows installer) for Palm OS

See if this pertains to your situation. Not sure why the contacts synced but not the calendar. There may be another article in the Palm support.

I'm on Outlook 2003 so there may be some differences. I do not have an email address associated with Outlook. This is what is (not) in 'Tools-email accounts' in the Outlook menu.

In 'Tools-email accounts-directory-view or change existing directories or address books' it reads "Outlook address book and MAPI"
    05-16-09 08:31 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.
    05-16-09 10:25 PM
    i stumbled on a thread here on cb & it finally worked!!!
    Hey everyone,

I had the same problem but was able to find a simple solution -- The problem is due to having mutiple email accounts in your blackberry, but the default service selected (in your blackberry) doesn't match that which your desktop manager is reading from.

Solution = In your Blackberry Device go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services

Change the Calandar option to the other email address that you have in there (if more than one, you may have to try this a couple of times). Once that's done, connect your device, run the synch, and you'll be all set.

Let me know if you are still stuck.
    05-17-09 08:22 PM
    I did not know you had multiple email addresses on your BB.
    Glad you got your issue resolved. Remember to make backups after you successfully sync. Suggest creating a new folder to hold your backups so you always have them together in one place.

As before, welcome to your new addiction!

05-18-09 06:59 AM
    I did not know you had multiple email addresses on your BB.
    Glad you got your issue resolved. Remember to make backups after you successfully sync. Suggest creating a new folder to hold your backups so you always have them together in one place.

As before, welcome to your new addiction!

good point thanks
    for some reason it was set to sync with fb??? weird
    how often should i back up?
    05-18-09 08:31 AM
    For some reason Facebook does that.

I do a backup every time I sync, but that is only every few days. (My calendar is very large so it takes a while to sync.) I also have DM set to auto backup every week. Perhaps being overcautious, but I'd rather have the backup and not need it than to need it and not have it.

So all is well with your BB now? I'm so happy for you and your new addiction.
    05-18-09 01:01 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD