Hi All! Ijust got my first BB Curve 8330 and I think I have v4.3. Should I upgrade to v4.5 if so how do I do it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 06:22 PM
    start by searching on this site for the differences between 4.3 and then 4.5, then decide if you want the upgrade or not. It's VERY easy to upgrade. TONS of instructions all over this site.
    03-12-09 06:24 PM
    Thanks... With all the talk about v4.5 I feel like my version is inferior, I'm totally new to BB... I've had my curve less than a week

03-12-09 06:31 PM
    Welcome to CB and our addiction, its only just begun!!

Honestly i would get more familiar with your device before doing any OS updates. Yes if everything goes perfect then the update is actually very easy to do if following the instructions. But if you run into a problem then you will end up with a nuked Berry and a whole process to bring it back to life. I dont think 4.3 is technically inferior, its just that your missing some good stuff by keeping it. Once you do feel ready to update just follow the instructions in the lecture series to a T and ull be good to go. You get (more free memory, quicker UI, MMS, HTML email, Docs2Go, etc). For me i HAD to have 4.5 but i waited till my carrier made it official and then updated. I def would recommend anyone updating once their comfortable.
    03-12-09 06:36 PM
    Thanks again that is very sound advise... I checked out other threads on the subject and they've said I can get HTML email on 4.3. I just have to go into options in the email

03-12-09 06:48 PM
    Thanks for the tip... My brother upgraded to 4.5 and I'm not sure I like it I'm going to stick w/ what I have for now

03-12-09 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD