Is there a format to follow when sending a request to users who make their PIN available through CB.com. I have sent some request but have been denied and would hate to invade on anyones privacy. I am customizing the message to say I'm from cb.com so this way, they know I'm from the forums.

Thanks for your input
    05-20-08 10:37 AM
    If you changed your name in Edit My Info (mine is my first name) you might want to include your CB screen name, just to give folks an idea of who you are.
    05-20-08 02:01 PM
    My Info displays my first name but I edit the default message to include my nickname and specify I'm from cb.com. I guess this is as much detail as I can provide. Hopefully I can get some cb.com buddies and start taking advantage of my PIN messaging on my BB Curve.

Thanks for your input
    05-20-08 02:49 PM
    Maybe send them a PIN first saying "Hola"

I, and Im sure a bunch of other folks have denied people because some ***** put "Accept" and "Deny" right next to each other and the trackball went too far...
    Last edited by GoDJ; 05-20-08 at 03:01 PM.
    05-20-08 02:58 PM
    "Chaz from CrackBerry.com would like to add you to his Blackberry Messenger contact list"

That's my usual message.
    05-20-08 03:03 PM
    If I delete a "Pending Request" from my Blackberry Messenger, will it remove my request from their end or will it still be active?
    05-20-08 05:12 PM
    Not sure about a "pending request", but from your previous posts it doesn't sound like they are making it through in the first place so I think it may be a moot point. Go ahead and delete them.
    05-20-08 05:44 PM
    Looked into the BlackBerry Messenger instructions provided by RIM and it states if you delete a "Pending Request" or "Contact" from your list, it will be removed real time on your end as well as from the other users device.
    05-20-08 06:08 PM
    Good job researching...

It's supposed to be real time.
    05-20-08 07:16 PM
    You can contact me pin:2463cc34

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-08 08:31 PM
    Looked into the BlackBerry Messenger instructions provided by RIM and it states if you delete a "Pending Request" or "Contact" from your list, it will be removed real time on your end as well as from the other users device.
    12 posts and he's already doing his own research. The guy has got to go. j/k

Good work on the research.
    05-20-08 09:49 PM
    ^^^

Well, if it was not for you providing your PIN and allowing me to add you and test things out, I would still be curious
    05-20-08 10:31 PM
    ^^^

Well, if it was not for you providing your PIN and allowing me to add you and test things out, I would still be curious
    Take the complement, your curiosity led you to work it out. I was just making the point that I wish more newbies did what you did. Search and Research.
    05-20-08 10:34 PM
    With all due respect... from someone that doesn't want to sign up for strange messages, your screen name of "digital disguise" is a little creepy, a suggestion would be to make your name less vague. Although in reality, they all are exactly what your screen name states.

... and no I don't give my pin out to anyone I don't already know. I can't even keep track of them, much less others!
    06-11-08 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD