Got my first BB Friday (8330 VZW). I went to Options, Advanced Options, then Applications. I can't find BB Messenger. I went to blackberry.com, and could not download it since my Blackberry Device Software was not 4.0 or 4.1. I also tried looking in the Add software through Desktop Manager, and could not find anything. I did notice that I can Compose PIN Message, though. First, is it possible BBM is loaded on my phone, and I am doing something wrong and missing it? Second, is composing a PIN message the same as BBM, or is that something different? Thanks for any help. Through this site, I was able to figure out alerts and adding a picture to my home screen. You CB addicts are amazing!!
    11-17-08 10:05 AM
    Not sure if it is on your phone but you can go to mobile.blackberry.com and download it OTA there.
    11-17-08 10:22 AM
    Not sure if it is on your phone but you can go to mobile.blackberry.com and download it OTA there.
    I tried that, but it would not dowload since the BB Device Software I use is not 4.0 or 4.1. I have 4.5 System Software (which I assume is the Device Software), and according to the BB site, BB Messenger is already installed on my phone. I just can't find it.
    11-17-08 03:10 PM
    Try going to advanced options and browsing through there....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 05:38 PM
    Is it hiding in a folder named "Instant Messaging"

BBM is same as PIN

This... Blackberry Messenger: www.blackberry.com/messenger/

from

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

hope it was helpfull
    11-17-08 06:06 PM
    I tried the BB site download. I get a message that it won't download because this version of BBM only works for Device software versions 4.0 and 4.1. I also tried downloading it OTA through mobile.blackberry.com, and got the same message. However, I do have an item on my menu that says "Compose PIN", and since you said it's the same thing as BBM, I can just use that. Thanks for your help. I really do appreciate it.
    11-17-08 10:24 PM
    I upgraded to BB Desktop Manager 4.7, and I now have BB Messenger, BB Maps, and BrickBreaker. I guess the 4.6 version was corrupted somehow. Thanks for everyone for all of their help. I love this site!!
    11-19-08 10:03 PM
    One more BBM question. I have one contact that I wanted to add, and the icon showed up as "Pending". The contact accepted, and is listed as one of my Contacts. However, she is also still listed as "Pending". If I highlight the name in the Pending section and delete it, will it also delete the name under Contacts?
    12-04-08 03:57 PM
    I believe so, add a contact by PIN number instead of e-mail so you won't get the annoying "pending" notification. To find your PIN go to options>status. Type in the other persons PIN after you select "add a contact" and then it will ask you below where you type the PIN in to either request by PIN or E-mail...
    Last edited by SevereDeceit; 12-04-08 at 04:09 PM.
    12-04-08 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD