I have read posts on how to add contacts to Messenger. This is my problem. I checked my desktop software and phone and its says I have messenger. But I don't think I do. I got an email from my friend requesting me being added but the email from BB said I didn't have the application. What do I do? When I try to add a contact, it doesn't ask to request a pin or email? Does anyone know what's wrong?
    12-16-08 01:58 PM
    Go to options and advanced and applications. Check to see if bb messenger is there.
    If its there you open up the messenger and add from there. Don't add through email.
    Last edited by Chicklet; 12-16-08 at 02:05 PM.
    12-16-08 02:02 PM
    Its there. How do I add from there, though. I see View Properties, Modules, Edit default permissions, switch application and close.
    12-16-08 02:31 PM
    You don't have the icon on your phone?? Make sure its not hidden. On your phone screen press menu and show all. See if it shows itself.
    12-16-08 02:39 PM
    It does show itself. Its just when I go to add a contact, I am not prompted for pin/email. It forwards me to my address book. I pick a name and the only thing I see says "send to Messenger contacts". I do that and then a screen comes up that says select a contact and underneath it says *empty*
    12-16-08 02:42 PM
    My friend tried to add me and I got an email on my personal account that says this:

If you don't currently have the required application on your device, please visit Blackberry to learn more about this service.

Once you've installed BlackBerry Messenger, return to this message to accept this request.
    12-16-08 02:43 PM
    I've never had this happen or read about it. It seems the app isn't installed. I would give it a bit and see if another suggestion comes through this thread. If not you can try to delete the app and do a reinstall. See if that works.
    12-16-08 02:51 PM
    Its there. How do I add from there, though. I see View Properties, Modules, Edit default permissions, switch application and close.
    Open the Messenger, hit the BlackBerry button (the one next to the send button), scroll to Add Contact...it lead you to your address book. Scroll to the top of the address book to where it says Use Once, highlight it, then hit the BlackBerry button, and it'll say Add By PIN or Add by E-mail
    12-16-08 03:04 PM
    LilUnique:

I just tried and the person is listed as pending now! This is as far as I have ever been! Thanks and hope this is my fix!!!
    12-16-08 03:20 PM
    LilUnique:

I just tried and the person is listed as pending now! This is as far as I have ever been! Thanks and hope this is my fix!!!
    Pending is a good sign...it'll stay on pending until they accept your request; have with BBM. I love it.
    12-16-08 03:25 PM
    i am having isues with my messenger. i have tried to add some people but they never got my request do you have to have the same network for this to work or can people on dif carriers talk?
    12-16-08 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD