I am in need to upgrade my phone badly. I am interested in the 8830.

I travel 4-6 times a year internationally and really need to be able to be in contact.

I also need would like access to the web and e-mail but that will be personal use. I have heard that the BB web browser is weak.

HELP!! should I become a member?

Thanks
    07-11-07 05:16 PM
    I'd say give it a try and see if it works for you. But of course, we are biased to BB's here.
    07-11-07 05:50 PM
    Thanks for replying to a newb

I think I am going to pick up the 8830 this weekend. Since it looks like you are an experienced user is there any aftermarket software or accessories that you recommend
    07-11-07 06:19 PM
    There are quite a few:

EMpower HTML Email for BlackBerry

JiveTalk - IM for BlackBerry

Opera Mini - Another browser for your BlackBerry
    07-11-07 06:45 PM
    Well, I've looked at different carrier's international phones and they are either very expensive or very ugly. I purchased the 8830 not only because I like BBs, but because I travel a lot and it's a world phone for a lot less than others. And, the browser for the blackberry isn't going to be like your PC, but it's still easy to use and read.
    07-14-07 06:05 PM
    There are quite a few:

EMpower HTML Email for BlackBerry

JiveTalk - IM for BlackBerry

Opera Mini - Another browser for your BlackBerry
    I would recommend jivetalk and empower. But I really didn't like opera. It was integrated to the blackberry very well and awkward to use.
    07-14-07 06:57 PM
    I think Ruin2 you will have the best of both worlds. First owning a BlackBerry which will open up a whole new world for you that will be so productive for your business and personal life that you will wonder how you ever got along without it and joining this forum, which you will find as time goes by is like an extended warm and friendly family that will help you with any questions that may arise. With that I say, welcome to our world Ruin2 and the forum. May you enjoy this forum as much as we all do!

Gia
    07-14-07 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD