Hi,
    I'm a newbie.

I plan to buy a BB Curve 8310 from Vodafone Australia. I need to take it to the US for 2 months on T Mobile. I'm having the phone unlocked.

My first question:

Can I/Must I replace the Vodafone software with the T Mobile software to get it working on the T Mobile network, and then swap it back upon my return?

My second question:

When Vodafone says their plan includes unlimited internet only through the Blackberry Server/Browser, does this exclude or include use of the Google Map application?

Thank you for your help,
    Nick
    11-04-08 10:27 PM
    Answer number one, no if its unlocked it should work just fine
    answer number two, yes it includes the use of any app
    11-04-08 11:22 PM
    Well the unlimited internet through the browser I would contact them about. I use google maps too, but that counts as data, not internet usage right?
    11-05-08 01:05 AM
    Well the unlimited internet through the browser I would contact them about. I use google maps too, but that counts as data, not internet usage right?
    its the same thing. the "internet" package is charged as Data
    11-05-08 01:51 AM
    Hi,
    I'm a newbie.

I plan to buy a BB Curve 8310 from Vodafone Australia. I need to take it to the US for 2 months on T Mobile. I'm having the phone unlocked.

My first question:

Can I/Must I replace the Vodafone software with the T Mobile software to get it working on the T Mobile network, and then swap it back upon my return?

My second question:

When Vodafone says their plan includes unlimited internet only through the Blackberry Server/Browser, does this exclude or include use of the Google Map application?

Thank you for your help,
    Nick
    welcome to crackberry by the way
    11-05-08 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD