Hey all - coming from a WinMo / iPhone background I must admit my new 8520 has blown me away (and thanks for thread on how to update to v5 !!).

So, afraid you will see me on the forums a lot now - sorry in advance for any stupid questions

Ryan
    03-21-10 01:48 PM
    My question is what took you so long??

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-21-10 04:31 PM
    To be honest I always thought they were, dare I say it, inferior to the rest of the phones available.

After getting fed up with HTC and their crappy hardware and not wanting to be another iPhone fanboi I spent an hour or so man handling a BB in the local phone shop and to my suprise I could tap out a message on the keyboard quite well, even with fingers like half a pound of sausages!

Wish I had found them earlier now!!

3 days of playing with it and still going - trying to get themes and ringtones sorted now
    03-21-10 04:47 PM
    U'll b an addict in no time I have no doubts. Welcome to the good life

03-21-10 05:22 PM
    I'm about to go the other way. BB ----> iPhone
    03-21-10 05:24 PM
    I got ahold of a curve 8310 just over a year ago and loved it, the thing that irritated me most is only a couple apps and google maps and the memory was full. Got me a nice crisp bold 9700 now and it's perfect. Having some fun now that I updated to the latest OS available, and super fast pic loads. I am hooked myself and having fun finding new little toys to add.
    03-23-10 12:41 AM
    Welcome to BB
    03-23-10 12:43 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Enjoy your new addiction.
    03-23-10 02:10 AM
    I can't believe how spartan other so called smartphones are compared to the Berry. The iPhone doesn't support cut, copy, paste (correct me if I'm wrong), no picture mail and doesn't have an LED alert for texts. WinMo only supports cut, copy, paste in certain apps and not between say the web browser and the notepad, which sucks. Also the Berry is the only phone I've come across that lets you save graphics in the browser.

Those may seem like mundane things, but to me, they are life and death with a phone.
    03-24-10 04:05 PM
    I agree 100% moonhowlR

03-24-10 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD