Have been using a BB for years but have never used the calendar. Was just looking for an app that would send me a reminder for important dates like birthdays and then I wondered if the calendar would do this.

Have been looking around a bit.... if I enter a birthday in Contacts, I see that it shows up in the Calendar.

So under Options in the Calendar, I set the default reminder to 3 days. Does this mean that I will get some sort of note 3 days before a birthday? Do I have to open the Calendar to see it, or is it an email, or what?

Thanks for any help.
    10-11-08 02:29 PM
    When the reminder comes due, it pops up a window on your device. It will stay there until you dismiss or reset the reminder.

It works for Birthdays and Anniversaries from contacts, along with your regular appointments.
    10-11-08 02:33 PM
    You will get a white box alarm alert.

While in Calendar:

Menu
    Options
    General Options

Here you can set various Calendar functions such as Default Reminder, Start/End Of Day, Initial View.

In Profiles:

Edit
    Calendar

Here you can edit the type of alerts you will get for your calendar such as tone and Volume.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-11-08 at 02:40 PM.
    10-11-08 02:35 PM
    I use a program called got2. I like it because it lists my appointments etc for the next 7 days. Here is the link if you want to check it out. http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/got...-people-61919/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-08 02:36 PM
    So good to know.

Is it possible to have more than one reminder.... like, one 3 days before and another 1 day before and another the day of?

I am really absent-minded.

Thanks for your answer, Reed!
    10-11-08 02:36 PM
    Oh yeah and anything that is in your berry calendar will sync with got2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-08 02:37 PM
    I will check out Got2 - thanks AJ.

Multiple alerts possible in BB calendar?
    10-11-08 02:44 PM
    how do you change the calendar reminder tone/notifier/sound?????
    02-20-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD