Howdy,
    After 1.5 weeks with my new bold, half the screen (left side) has turned white- well...now it is white; it started off as a bunch of multicolored stripes and it progressively got worse as I push and pulled the corners to try to see the menu items (I was trying to save my contacts to the sim card, since I knew this phone was on the way to a "vacation"). Maybe i'll take a picture later.

Anyways, the phone shop tells me they have to send the phone off for repair and to top it off, I have to pay USD200 for the screen repair, despite the warranty. It seems that Malaysia (where I am living and working right now) just has the stores, but all the brains familiar (or licensed/certifed) with the blackberry are in Singapore.

I'm not rip-roaring mad about it yet (maybe tomorrow morning during my rum hangover I will change my mind and throw the bb out the window, 7 stories up). I have had some luck with eletronic items over the years so I figure i am due for something like this. This should teach me to buy a brand new product that was likely rushed off the factory lines.

Anyways, I did a quick search but didnt so far see any similar experiences. I was just curious if other people have encountered this. Is the screen a particular weekness of BB phones, or did I just get solitarily unlucky?
    A BB moderator is welcome to point me to the right thread if there is one dedicated to this kind of topic.

ET
    10-08-08 08:08 AM
    did you notify RIM directly?
    maybe they can send a new unit and pay for shipping??
    10-08-08 08:33 AM
    did you notify RIM directly?
    maybe they can send a new unit and pay for shipping??
    I didn't know about that. I will check into it.
    Thanks for the tip,

Et
    10-13-08 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD