like the Palm desktop? I just bought my 8310 (AT&T) and just love being a BB addict. Why I meandered through life with a Treo 650 for the past 2.5 years I just don't know. From the moment I turned this baby on I fell in love! This site rocks and is my new daily destination. My question is this. Being a recently converted Treo user I was accustomed to working on my Palm desktop for calendar, tasks and contacts and then synching up to have the info on both laptop and Treo. Is all the "work" done on the hand-held and only just backed up and software updates loaded from the BB desktop manager? I have had no luck figuring out how to do so with my BB. What is the first step? I opened up desktop manager, went to app loader, device connected and got a message saying, "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device you have connected to this computer. Contact your wireless provider or System Administrator." I expect the answer to my dilemma to be one of utter simplicity! Thanks!!!
    11-23-07 05:22 PM
    I am looking for the same answer. I never got a Treo, but was a Palm devotee for over 8 years.

I just got my first BB and I LOVE it, but I sure would like to have a desktop calendar to work on!

Hope someone knows the answer!

Thanks!

Newbie Suzy
    12-03-07 08:40 PM
    I use Outlook Address Book and Calendar to sync up with my BB. Hope this helps.
    12-03-07 10:20 PM
    You need to install the Blackberry Desktop Manager on your PC withOUT having your BB connected via a cable. After you install the Blackberry Desktop Manager on your PC, reboot your computer with the BB connected to to the USB cable. The driver will properly install to connect your BB to your PC so you can Sync up to Outlook Address Book and Calendar.
    12-03-07 11:48 PM
    I have the same question. I'm also getting the same message when I open the desktop manager. How do I get the addresses, phone book and calendar on my curve onto the desktop?
    12-06-07 09:26 AM
    have you set up the syncing options for your DM (desktop manager)? ...
    12-06-07 10:24 AM
    You need to install the Blackberry Desktop Manager on your PC withOUT having your BB connected via a cable. After you install the Blackberry Desktop Manager on your PC, reboot your computer with the BB connected to to the USB cable. The driver will properly install to connect your BB to your PC so you can Sync up to Outlook Address Book and Calendar.
    Not entirely true. You need to have _2_ applications installed: Desktop Manager, and the device-specific application/driver package for your device. This package has the files that Desktop Manager looks for to determine what kind of device it is interacting with. That's why you are getting the error: "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device you have connected to this computer."
    12-06-07 11:19 AM
    where do we get the driver?
    12-07-07 07:49 AM
    You can download it from your service provider's website or search the forums here for the latest version of your device's OS.
    12-07-07 02:28 PM
    I called ATT, my service provider and told them about the same message I received. They said to downpatch 4.2 service pack 2, which did nothing. Still have the message.
    12-07-07 02:38 PM
    That's what you get for listening to AT&T and not me. Don't call them. Go to their website. Here's the direct link, actually, to blackberry.com's AT&T download page.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

Choose the 8310.

Software For BlackBerry Curve 8310 (TM) BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.2.312 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.2.2.312
    Consisting of:
    • Applications: 4.2.2.170
    • Software Platform: 2.5.0.30
    • File name: 8310M_PBr4.2.2_rel312_PL2.5.0.30_A4.2.2.170_AT&T.e xe
    • File size: 78.56MB
    12-07-07 03:25 PM
    I misplaced my CD for the Blackberry Curve 8310 and want to backup and sync the BB with my PC. I downloaded the Desktop Manager from ATT. My PC doesnt detect my BB. Please can anyone help
    01-07-09 05:36 AM
    Please don't bump old threads without searching or actually following the instructions posted in the thread.

Try this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/expl...e-found-15204/

Welcome to Crackberry!
    01-07-09 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD