Hi All....

I has one of the first Sprint BB Pearl 8130 when it came out. I was sooooo disappointed in the battery life when compared to my T-mobile pearl.

Here's my question...
    How is the battery life of the new Sprint Curve 8330 compared to the Sprint Pearl 8130?

Thanks for the input.
    09-02-08 07:32 PM
    I have the 8130 Pearl & 8330 Curve & I get about the same amount of battery life from them both.
    You may have had apps running in the background (not completely closed out) that you were aware of. Thats the 1st thing that sucks a battery dry.
    09-02-08 08:22 PM
    Assuming you follow all battery optomization steps, the rated battery life for the 8330 is 4.5 hours of talk time. I have confirmed that on mine. You should also get about 20 to 24 hours of use (2-3 days assuming 6-8 hours use per day) in web browsing, email, text, viigo and similar tasks. Music and video tasks will use significant more battery so I wouldn't expect more than about 6-9 hours. And I'm sure results will vary depending on quality of signal, quality of battery, or other things out of your control. And I'm sure like other brands it's possible to get a fully or partially defective battery. In my experience with cell phones 1 out of 2 I have had (including replacements from defective batteries) have had defective batteries. I don't know if that is unusual or not. But one thing in my experience is I haven't owned a phone, even once I get one that actually gets it's rated battery time, that lasts as long between charges as my BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 01:36 AM
    I have a couple of friends who own Sprint Pearls. Neither of them are very tech savy. Observing their phones though made me cringe. The battery life on them was horrible. I own a Sprint 8830 and my battery life is amazing. I've seen Sprint Curves have amazing life too. I have no idea if the carrier can make a difference. Or maybe the two that I had observed were running weird apps or something. Their batteries drained SO quick though. Beats me.

09-03-08 02:32 AM
    I have a sprint curve and my gf has a sprint pearl, I'd have to say battery life is pretty similar on both. Our usage patterns are pretty similar as well. Both of us usually require nightly charging.

09-03-08 07:30 AM
    To maximize your battery, either keep the phone in a "sleeper" case or be sure to put it in standby when you're not using it. I get nearly 3 days on my curve and did on my pearl as well.
    09-03-08 08:13 AM
    I think I read somewhere that the battery on the Pearl is 750 mAh and Curve is 1150 mAh. I might not be exact on those numbers, but I do remember the Curve's battery had a larger capacity.

mAh=milliamp hours

09-03-08 08:56 AM
    One thing I heard is that GSM phones (T-Mobile) tend to have better battery life than CDMA phones (Sprint). Something to do with the energy demands of GSM vs CDMA networks.
    09-03-08 09:38 AM
    I think I read somewhere that the battery on the Pearl is 750 mAh and Curve is 1150 mAh. I might not be exact on those numbers, but I do remember the Curve's battery had a larger capacity.

mAh=milliamp hours

I had thought the curve was 1050mAh but then checking the battery model number on mine (C-S2) and refering to the accessories here on CB it indicates the battery is 1000mAh. So I guess its one of those 3. the OEM C-M2 pearl battery from what I have gathered from a quick google search could be 900mAh.
    09-03-08 11:16 AM
    Thank you all for your replies.
    So I gather that I will have better life with the Curve as it has bigger battery capacity and that I need to make sure it is in sleeper mode when not in use. I will also make sure I do nothave any apps running that I don't know about.

Thanks cb friends!
    09-04-08 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD