Hello,

I recently switched over from AT&T to Verizon and purchased a new Curve 8330. The Verizon employee copied all of my contacts from my AT&T phone to my new Curve, but all of the copied numbers are now entered as the "Other" number for all of my contacts.

My question: Is there a way to make a "batch" change of all my contacts at once? 98 percent of my contacts are just a cell-phone number, so my goal would be to change all of them to "mobile 1" and then manually change the contacts that aren't a cell number.

I know this is just me being nit-picky, but I really don't like having the (O) after every name in my call log.

Thanks.
    11-04-08 11:06 AM
    Wow Skitchens... great question. I don't know of a way to make a batch change to your contacts. Have you maybe contacted the Verizon employee that changed it to see if they can do it through their services? I wouldn't want them showing as "Other" either! To my knowledge (and I'm no expert), there is not a way to do this.
    11-04-08 10:01 PM
    i know from working at sprint that more often than not, unless they back up the phone you lose some of or all of your pins that were stored on the phone. you might want to just take a quick peek at a contact that has one to make sure its there.
    and im pretty sure theres no way to make a batch change like that. you gotta get a nice hot cup of java (can be substitued for a personal fav drink) find a nice quiet spot and spend some time with your new toy and start doing it manually :-P
    sorry man
    11-06-08 05:56 AM
    Using Desktop Manager you can do what is called an ASCII sync from your bb to your desktop. This will create a .csv Excel file. With that you can open it in Excel and just cut and paste the numbers from the wrong field to the right one. Make sure to not modify the field headings, save it and then reverse the ASCII sync.
    11-06-08 07:14 AM
    Using Desktop Manager you can do what is called an ASCII sync from your bb to your desktop. This will create a .csv Excel file. With that you can open it in Excel and just cut and paste the numbers from the wrong field to the right one. Make sure to not modify the field headings, save it and then reverse the ASCII sync.
    Thanks Trucky! That is the kind of help I need. I use Excel 8 hours a day for my job, so this should be a piece of cake.

Thanks!
    11-07-08 10:39 AM
    Great, hope it works well for you. Just a couple more notes you will want to watch for...

• The sync is really only one way for ASCII so you have to go into the setup each time to make sure which way you're going.
    • There is a check box in the setup that will allow you to merge or overwrite the .csv file... pay attention.
    • And just a reminder, don't mess with the field headers or you'll see smoke coming out somewhere.
    11-07-08 10:48 AM
    Great, hope it works well for you. Just a couple more notes you will want to watch for...

• The sync is really only one way for ASCII so you have to go into the setup each time to make sure which way you're going.
    • There is a check box in the setup that will allow you to merge or overwrite the .csv file... pay attention.
    • And just a reminder, don't mess with the field headers or you'll see smoke coming out somewhere.
    So I'm having a little trouble transferring the ASCII file from my blackberry to my desktop. What "Database file for ASCII Importer/Exporter connector" should I use? This is a step in the setup.

Thanks.
    11-07-08 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD