Its not fully or near dead?

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 05:21 PM
    No, you can charge it when ever you want.
    08-19-08 05:25 PM
    Thanks...just wondering because I remember on older phone batteries that used to tell you to drain it first.

08-19-08 05:27 PM
    From what I've read it depends. I've heard that if you use the charger given to you when you bought the phone, it shouldn't affect the phone at all because modern chargers are set up so they "stop" charging your phone when the battery is "full." Chargers for cars on the other hand can have a negative affect to the battery I believe if the battery on your phone is fully charged and continues charging because those chargers do not "stop" charging. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    08-19-08 05:28 PM
    It's better not to let your battery get too low. That can actually shorten its life. From an operational perspective, the BlackBerry will disable the phone function when the battery drops below about 15%, which will only happen when you really, really need to use the phone. I carry a AA adapter just for that contingency.

Car chargers are notoriously unreliable. You shouldn't rely on one as your primary charger.
    08-19-08 06:08 PM
    I charge my phone when ever it gets past 60%. That's just me.
    08-19-08 06:11 PM
    You can charge your phone whenever you want. Because most new devices, especially Blackberries are now equiped with Lithium Ion batteries which do not 'memory'. Older Nickle-Cadium batteries did. You can tell what battery you have by the markings on the battery. ie. Li-Ion, Nic-Cad. Though letting your battery run low is not damaging to your device, to conserve phone life, your wireless radio power deminishes. Creating poor call quality and a weaker data connection.
    08-19-08 06:29 PM
    I charge mine when it's right about 50% left all the time, Ive had no problems.
    08-19-08 06:36 PM
    You can't overcharge a battery because its the phone/battery that detects when it is fully charged, not the charger

08-19-08 06:41 PM
    Not to sound like a news reporter, but I charge my Curve whenever possible. Being that I'm out here in Cali, you never know when the BIG one will hit. Cell phones were originally made for emergency use...
    08-21-08 04:29 AM
    ^ I agree with you 100%
    08-21-08 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD