I recently came back to Blackberry after several years away. I was a product of the android wars and in the past year I had the Galaxy Note 2, Samsung S5, HTC M7 and HTC M8. I'll be honest, I didn't know what Blackberry had been up to until recently. The Passport is what got my attention. I am with Verizon and after looking into it I saw the reviews on the z30. I figured it had been around for a year or so so why not give Blackberry a shot again? The first thing I realized is this is definitely not and Android! Once I got that out of my head all of my Blackberry memories came tumbling outta my head and I was very pleasantly surprised! I use my phone for work as well as personal so the HUB was the first thing that I thought was so convenient. No more switching from app to app just to get messages/posts.I'm sure that most people reading this know that apps are "limited" but so far between the Blackberry app world and Amazon android apps I have had no problem getting the apps I used in the past. The only exception so far has been chrome cast but I found Miracast to be just as good if not better. The best way to describe the OS to people who ask is to say it's a cross between Android and IOS with the best of both worlds. That may not be 100% accurate but it usually gets there attention! In the end I love the simplicity of the settings (things are actually where they are supposed to be and easy to find) and the feeling that my stuff is secure. Now I am patiently waiting for the Passport to come to Verizon (fingers crossed) and if it does I am on board!
    **added 3:31** I can't believe I forgot to mention the AWESOME battery life compared to Android phones!
    Last edited by ego_sum_spartacus; 11-18-14 at 03:32 PM. Reason: forgot to mention
    11-18-14 11:17 AM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

Try out the free CB10 app too. Whether from the app or the website, explore CB and join in.

See you in the Forums!
    11-18-14 11:38 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry----if you have not done so, check out and sideload SNAP for google play apps not available on Amazon Appstore.
    ego_sum_spartacus likes this.
    11-18-14 11:42 AM
    I've read about SNAP and side loading but I have yet to find a site that lists "simple" instructions...looks complicated.
    11-18-14 12:33 PM
    Search here and it won't be.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    11-18-14 01:10 PM
    Welcome back. Yes it is so much easier and streamlined to use instead of that android mess!!! Have you checked out Cast as chromecast app for BB? Cast for BlackBerry 10 brings native Chromecasting ability for YouTube videos | CrackBerry.com
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-18-14 01:12 PM
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is Miracast?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 01:44 PM

That shows you what miracast does!
    11-18-14 01:50 PM
    Your right. Just got the instructions..will try once at home and post if successful, Thanks!
    11-18-14 02:12 PM
    Your right. Just got the instructions..will try once at home and post if successful, Thanks!
    Find the article on here for using Google Chrome browser to sideload. It's so easy. Glad to see you back!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 02:53 PM
    Welcome back! Snap gets rid of a lot of the culture shock when coming from android, and once you get used to the Hub there is no way you'd go back.

Make sure to read the BB10 hidden tips/tricks thread to learn a few helpful shortcuts and hints. I have been on BB10 since the day the Z10 dropped and I still learned a few tricks from that thread.

Posted in CB10 from my amazing Passport
    11-18-14 03:31 PM
    Here is a good video on gestures within the OS. Have fun!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-14 10:33 AM
    Here is a good video on gestures within the OS. Have fun!
    Love it! just learned a few more tricks :-)
    11-19-14 10:40 AM
    Impressed with the Miracast video, thanks, now where do I get the app from, I see different Miracast apps but not one that just say Miracast, sorry if I sound stupid

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 01:40 PM
    you don't need an app. Go to your setting under display, scroll down and you will see Miracast. Click on Share screen and devices available will show. Good luck!
    11-19-14 02:28 PM
    Welcome back!
    11-20-14 07:00 AM
    Welcome back!

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 09:54 AM