Good evening Crackberry Nation. i punted from BB when the company imploded. It was a hard decision, but I think it was the right one for the time. Since then I've been through tens of Android handsets and every iPhone model ever produced. I have enjoyed the time and learning about other ecosystems.

The time has come to return to the Nation, and I couldn't be more excited. I am temporarily on a 9900 becoming re-familiarized to the BB Experience. It has been decent for getting reacquainted, but my real excitement stems from the imminent launch of the Q10 in the US. i have become so enthusiastic about returning to BB that today I shoved my iPhone 5 into a drawer at work, locked it, and forwarded its communications to the 9900. I then put my Note 2 up on eBay and am going cold-turkey from those two environments.

I will have a Verizon Q10 on launch day if not before, and I fully expect it to be such a breath of fresh air. in recent times I have gotten caught up in the entertainment side of those phones, and I trust the BB ecosystem will help drastically improve my communication with those I care about most. I also hope to spend less time playing with the device due to streamlined communication abilities, and to spend more time with work and family.

The second thing I am excited about is reconnecting with old friends and new members of the Crackberry Nation. This was a great community in years past, and appears to have continued strong with the faithful who stuck it out over the past two years. I hope to plug back in and contribute as well as learn so much about the new devices and OS.

Thank you all for being here!!

-Eric

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    SK122387 likes this.
    05-28-13 09:57 PM
    Welcome back. I'll give you $50 for your iPhone
    05-28-13 10:08 PM
    Thanks! Feel free to come and pick up the iPhone....address is Rockville, MD.
    05-29-13 03:08 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!
    05-29-13 06:26 AM
    Welcome back! I, too, am looking forward to the Q10.

My experience with the iOS and Android phones has led me to the conclusion that the actual phone and productivity functionality of those devices was an afterthought. The experience seems to be designed around content consumption from iTunes and Google Play, rather than getting things done.

I'm temporarily using a BlackBerry Curve 8530 until I can get my hands on a Q10 or Z10 and I'm amazed at how much easier it is to do the things that really matter on a phone that is running BB OS 5!

See you around the forums!
    05-29-13 09:02 AM
    Welcome "B(l)ack!"
    05-29-13 10:52 PM
    ... The time has come to return to the Nation, and I couldn't be more excited...

Thank you all for being here!!

-Eric
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Q10 is a very cool device. You'll love it!

Welcome "B(l)ack!"
    I see what you did there!

This is how you CB10, son!
    Last edited by elite1; 05-30-13 at 01:30 PM.
    05-29-13 11:18 PM
    Thanks for all the welcomes, I see the character of CB is the same cool group identity it was when I first joined in 2007. Makes me feel like I've come home.

Just preordered my VZW Q10 a few hours ago, so I only have a week left on this 9900. looking forward to learning the ins and outs of the new OS.

i agree with the above analysis regarding content consumption on the other major OS's. Since I've been back on a 9900 for a few days, I can feel my focus shifting from being entertained by the device (seriously, if you think looking at a 9900 screen is more fun than looking at a Note 2 screen, think again) to the original paradigm of being focused on communications and specific tasks. BB devices dont have the capability to do everything under the sun, and for once that is a very liberating thing!

See y'all around the forums.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    05-30-13 04:09 AM
    Welcome back, brother.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 05:15 AM
    Welcome back! With your familiarity with all the platforms you should check out Talk Mobile 2013.
    05-30-13 07:20 AM
    Hey eaknet,

Welcome (back) to BlackBerry
    05-30-13 09:05 AM
    Welcome back! With your familiarity with all the platforms you should check out Talk Mobile 2013.
    Thank you for the invitation, I will definitely look into it and see if i can come up to speed quickly enough to make a contribution.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-31-13 01:56 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!
    Thanks Navi! I definitely remember seeing you around a few years ago, good to see you've kept up with BB and CB.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-31-13 02:00 AM