I am waiting until August 14th when I can get a BlackBerry. This will be my very first one. Depending on how soon the Thunder comes out and what reviews I see between now and sometime near the end of August, I might be getting it. Then I think about the iPhone early adopters and worry about the first BB touch screen..

Or will the Bold come to Verizon soon enough for me to wait?

Thoughts on what to get?
    07-13-08 11:49 PM
    I have a bad feeling about the touchscreen Blackberry but we'll see when it comes out. I would say get the curve you won't regret it!!

Oh and welcome to CB
    07-13-08 11:55 PM
    Thank you for the welcome, sgocka. I doubt I will regret the Curve. I played with it today some. I had to go to the "Best Buy Mobile" store in the mall because Verzion didn't have one "open" to let me use for a few minutes. The BestBuy store was more than helpful. The guys that work there are younger and he hadn't even heard about the Thunder yet. Pretty cool guys.
    07-13-08 11:59 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. I have been wanting the Curve also. When I went in determined to get a BlackBerry, I hadn't done any research at all. I just knew I wanted a BlackBerry. Anyway, the salesman recommended to me that I get the 8830. It's a great phone, but I really want the Curve. In November I will be eligible for an upgrade. So I will see what happens then.
    07-14-08 12:04 AM
    Question: Can you use music on your micro sd card for ringtones? (Verizon)
    07-14-08 12:15 AM
    Yes, you can do that.
    07-14-08 12:17 AM
    yay!!!! One of the best reasons, I can think of of to use a BB. What format do they have to be in and how long can they be?
    07-14-08 12:23 AM
    yay!!!! One of the best reasons, I can think of of to use a BB. What format do they have to be in and how long can they be?
    Mine are in MP3 format. I don't know if it will use other formats or not. As far as how long they can be, I'm guessing up to 30 seconds. Again, I'm not sure on that one either. Maybe someone who knows more about it will post.
    07-14-08 12:30 AM
    Can you install software to the micro sd or not? If not, what do you store it to? Flash?
    07-14-08 12:41 AM
    As far as I know, software can not be store on the media card. It is stored on the device memory. Media cards are for just that - media (pictures, videos, ringtones, music).
    07-14-08 01:11 AM
    Welcome to crackberry.com, but no one really know actual release dates.

My opinion... waiting for the devices are worth it.

If you can live without the additional features (more memory), then get the curve.
    07-14-08 02:53 AM
    Welcome to CB!!!!!
    07-14-08 08:36 AM
    Just go ahead and get the Curve. Very very slim chance either phone will be on VZW come August. Welcome to CB. Please post if you have any more questions or concerns.
    07-14-08 08:52 AM
    I am waiting until August 14th when I can get a BlackBerry. This will be my very first one. Depending on how soon the Thunder comes out and what reviews I see between now and sometime near the end of August, I might be getting it. Then I think about the iPhone early adopters and worry about the first BB touch screen..

Or will the Bold come to Verizon soon enough for me to wait?

Thoughts on what to get?
    I am NOT an advocate of touch screens........they are NOT user friendly for heavy usage..........the touch keyboards leave much to be desired with heavy use.............get the device that best suits YOUR needs........do not let someone PUSH a particular model on you..........if you choose based on YOUR REAL NEEDS.......you will be happy for a long time....
    07-14-08 10:04 AM
    I would say get the curve you won't regret it!!

Oh and welcome to CB
    I agree here.

Welcome to CB!
    07-14-08 12:20 PM
    welcome! I recently purchased a curve 8310 and am VERY happy with it. I tend to overanalyze every single purchase I make and wasn't sure if I was going to be happy with the Edge network (my old phone was 3g) Honestly it hasn't been an issue for me. I love the curve....love the layout, love the qwerty keyboard, love the ease of use.......

I'm not a fan of touchscreens at all so something iphone-like wasn't on my radar.

I definitely agree that you should find something that fits your needs. I've been able to sync my google calendar and task list together to make a nice helpful organizational center.

Good luck!
    07-14-08 12:46 PM
    I'll probably go with the Curve. I don't want to be an earlier adopter, pay a lot of money for a phone and then have problems. Plus I think I could type better on something that has "real" buttons.
    07-14-08 10:56 PM
    Welcome in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 12:56 AM
    Wish August 14th would hurry up and get here. I am glad to see the people, I have met so far, to be very friendly here.

Just so everyone knows. Gavihn = pug. I wanted to change my name, so I had the other account deleted.
    Last edited by Gavihn; 07-15-08 at 11:51 PM.
    07-15-08 11:49 PM
    Welcome to CB and just remember to get what works for you, don't worry about what others think.

07-15-08 11:57 PM
    I played with the Curve at the Best Buy mobile store, which I think I said earlier. I think it will do what I want. I don't have a "need" for internet or email with me at all times. I am just a big geek and could use Google Maps at times. Plus I figured it would be a good way to meet people and be social with the sharing of pins on the forums.
    Last edited by Gavihn; 07-16-08 at 12:02 AM.
    07-16-08 12:00 AM
    Welcome to CB.
    07-16-08 01:11 PM
    Thank you all for the welcome. Never seen a forum with such nice people.
    07-17-08 11:10 PM
    Wish August 14th would hurry up and get here. I am glad to see the people, I have met so far, to be very friendly here.

Just so everyone knows. Gavihn = pug. I wanted to change my name, so I had the other account deleted.
    If you're only out till August 14th and a current customer, call #611 now, if your account is in good standing, it's common practice to back up a NE2 a month.
    Also make sure you get the internet pricing, advance device discount and they usually throw in a one time accessory discount with the order.
    Might as well get a curve now, best guess on a cdma bold is next FEB, rumors on the touchscreen is NOV/DEC.
    GL

07-18-08 11:16 AM
    If you're only out till August 14th and a current customer, call #611 now, if your account is in good standing, it's common practice to back up a NE2 a month.
    Also make sure you get the internet pricing, advance device discount and they usually throw in a one time accessory discount with the order.
    Might as well get a curve now, best guess on a cdma bold is next FEB, rumors on the touchscreen is NOV/DEC.
    GL

The problem it is an early upgrade. Thus they can't move the date up.
    07-19-08 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD