Hi Everyone,

First time on CrackBerry and first time BB user. I just got an unlocked 8300 on eBay and I want to use it with my old att sim (blue)...I have a great plan and I don't want to change it.

It was an impulse buy...hopefully I won't regret it.

Besides getting a BB data plan, what else do I need to do to get full functionality or is that it.

Thanks for the help.
    07-15-07 11:08 PM
    Okay I could be wrong. But I don't think you can get the Blackberry plan on Blue. And you need that for Data,email etc etc
    07-15-07 11:21 PM
    That's not good.

I really liked the feel and look of the Curve...how disappointing.

I don't really want to put it back on eBay.

I WANT MY CRACKBERRY!!!!!
    07-16-07 02:29 AM
    yes, any changes to your current plan will require you to do an upgrade and hence force a new 2 yr agreement upon you and loss of your current existing plan, I will HOWEVER make the suggestion that you call at&t anyways and inquire about it I'll message you my reasoning
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 07-16-07 at 02:43 AM.
    07-16-07 02:39 AM
    Update.

Yea, I got my crackberry!!

I called at&t and the rep said that I need to upgrade. I told her that I had an unlocked Curve and just wanted to add the BB data plan. She said that she was going to try it and see what happens.

She add the BB plan to my existing plan but she could not change the IMEI to the Curve on my account. She told me to try it and see if it worked.

I log in and everything seems to be running fine. I set up a BIS account as well and I gettingmy emails sent to my phone.

Question. Will not having my Curve IMEI set on my account affect anything in the future?

I don't want to lose my crackberry. I haven't put it down since I got it.

Thanks
    07-21-07 10:46 AM
    No the IMEI is automatically picked up by all the systems anyways, only on rare, rare, rare occasions may it cause you a problem.
    07-21-07 11:41 AM
    Thanks Bla1ze for calming me down. I thought maybe in a couple of days everything would just stop working.

With that fear tucked away, I'm ready to really find out what this can do.

I just installed Opera mini 4 beta and I'm playing around with it.

Any more suggestions on things?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by dgin12; 07-21-07 at 11:42 PM.
    07-21-07 11:39 PM
    No problem as for suggestions, Nope fresh out atm lol, just enjoy your crackberry and have fun
    07-22-07 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD