First off, just like to say not many other phone types have a site like CrackBerry at their disposal!

My wife and I were in need of new phones (4.5 years of same old non-data, non-messaging, non-emailing Moto RAZR and PEBL) and decided it was time to move on up to the fast lane. Data, Wi-Fi, messaging and e-mail. Wowsers! We were looking at Nokia phones, specifically the E71. However what really got us over to the BB's was the fact Amazon had TMO Curve 8120's for a penny with a $50 MIR. The MIR was no sale breaker and is just gravy, but the fact that the E71 is not even available as a phone option for ANY carrier in Atlanta areas (and the unlocked version is a wee bit more than a penny) it was an easy choice. And I have to say perhaps fate was on our side.

The only thing about our Pearls that is odd is the keyboard, but I have it mastered while my wife is quickly getting there. The screen, performance, aesthetics, sound and call quality, camera, and UI are all great. I used to wonder why everyone wanted a BB...silly me.

Right now I am using CrackBerry as a resource to absorb as much as I can about my phone. It seems to have a sticky backing to it as I cannot put the phone down ever since picking up. Definitely looking forward to learning, chatting and otherwise having a blast with my new BB!

RM
    10-18-08 02:59 AM
    congrats on the pearls. welcome to crackberry!
    10-18-08 03:13 AM
    whoo more pearl users! Welcome to CB
    10-18-08 03:15 AM
    Congrats on the Pearls
    10-18-08 04:34 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry, its good to have you here. If you haven't so already check out the Newbie section and in particular the Blackberry 101 lecture series. Congratulations on your pearls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-08 05:01 AM
    Thanks for the welcomes everyone, I can tell I am going to be spending some time here
    10-18-08 10:56 AM
    Download the Crackberry.com launcher and your blackberry addiction will soon lead to a Crackberry addiction! Welcome!
    10-18-08 10:59 AM
    Welcome and nice choice of phone. Another Ga member

10-18-08 11:13 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    10-18-08 04:30 PM
    Welcome to the site. The world could always use more pearl owners.
    10-18-08 05:27 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Your one stop shop for all your addiction needs!
    11-01-08 07:13 PM
    From one pearl owner to another welcome to crackberry!!!!! Pearls are great blackberrys!!!!!!

11-07-08 04:40 PM
    Welcome to cb!

11-07-08 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD