I just got a BlackBerry 8703e with Verizon this past weekend and absolutely love it! I started off with a Treo 650 then a Treo 700w before moving to BlackBerry where I should have been all along.

I have run into a few minor issues though. One that I haven't figured out is how to delete text in the middle of a long block of text without having to backspace from the beginning or end.

Example, writing a SMS message or email:

aaa bbb ccc

How do I delete bbb without deleting ccc or aaa? I know I can use the scroll wheel to start deleting at either end, but is there a way to move the cursor to the middle?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I haven't been through the manual all yet.

Thanks
    04-16-07 03:05 PM
    Welcome aboard the addiction. I remember having this issue with my first blackberry and everyone else who hd SKs would tease me. Now they have all converted, LOL.

Oh your question, sorry. Simply hold the ALT button down while using the scroll wheel and it will move your cursor to the desired position where you can delete or add characters.
    04-16-07 05:11 PM
    GoDJ is right. That sure was annoying when I got my first BB and couldn't figure that out.

Welcome to Crackberry.com! Let us know what else we can do to help.
    04-16-07 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD