So I wasn't sure where to post this.

I noticed on one of my posts I used a semi cuss word LOL. The thread was "do you let anyone use your BB". I answered with a reoly containing the word that refers to a very hot place where satan rules. A few days later I saw that the word was replaced with stars. I am confused as I have seen way worse.

Am I going to get the boot? I hope not cuz I happen to love these forums

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 02:58 PM
    Shouldn't think so - the forum automatically censors posts for language now.
    03-03-09 03:01 PM
    Yea i dont think you will get in any trouble. If anything you may get a warning but it would have to be something really bad to just be booted i would think. I have seen a lot worse on forums then the word you used. You should be perfectly fine and just like derek said the site now censors any wrong language.
    03-03-09 03:05 PM
    The censoring is not new.

03-03-09 03:06 PM
    Ok so I assume by censored you mean it is automatic?

03-03-09 03:19 PM
    Yes. Most curse words are automatically "starred" out. You will not get the boot for that. I think if you posted super foul curse words in a way that they would not automatically be taken out then you might have a problem. Even then I think the mods try to email you first (if it wan't your first post).

Don't worry! You will live to post at Crackberry another day!

03-03-09 03:24 PM
    Nobody gets booted from CB without warnings first unless it was real real bad.
    03-03-09 03:26 PM
    Oh yay! LOL thanks for your responses!!

03-03-09 03:37 PM
    I've said **** before and not been booted. If you want it to post though just put periods or spaces. H e l l

03-03-09 03:57 PM
    Yes, let's teach someone a work around for something we are not supposed to be doing anyway. Smart.

03-03-09 04:42 PM
    Yes, let's teach someone a work around for something we are not supposed to be doing anyway. Smart.

wow, testy.
    03-03-09 05:40 PM
    :'( I'm sorry vndlewis. Why do I even try? People just shoot me down anyways... Pfft . To be honest I don't know why they bleep out h e l l anyhow... What? We afraid highschool kids are gonna see it? I was yelling at some highschool kids the other day for walking out into traffic, you shoulda hear what they yelled back at me... Its all good though. We got the last word hehehe
    Last edited by Back-space; 03-03-09 at 06:30 PM.
    03-03-09 06:27 PM
    Yikes! I started a riot in here!
    Sorry about that.
    I didn't think the word was that bad. I hear what my 13 year old daughter's friends say and that is NOTHING compared to the words they use and phrases they say.
    So I will try harder next time to keep my posts G rated and as if a 5 year old was reading them. LOL!!

Sorry if I offended! hahahahhaha
    03-04-09 03:44 PM
    :'( I'm sorry vndlewis. Why do I even try? People just shoot me down anyways... Pfft . To be honest I don't know why they bleep out h e l l anyhow... What? We afraid highschool kids are gonna see it? I was yelling at some highschool kids the other day for walking out into traffic, you shoulda hear what they yelled back at me... Its all good though. We got the last word hehehe
    Because there are rules. We don't get to decide which ones we want to follow and which ones we don't.

03-04-09 04:58 PM
    Well good thing we have the great users of CB to point out anything the least bit offensive I mean... The .014 that are actually that easily offended...

03-04-09 06:07 PM
    Well you know people now a days ... Get more upset then ever ...

03-04-09 06:31 PM
    Yeah yeah. Follow the rules... Ask anybody uptop. The only way to get ahead in life is to lie, cheat, and steal. And why not? You go ahead and work your 9 to 5 till your 65. Live in 2 bedroom house with your cheap car in the laneway. Should be proud knowing you lived an honest life of rules and regulations . Thanks anyhow, Ill stick with selling drugs, not paying taxes and making probably 5 times what "you" do pfft

03-04-09 06:40 PM
    No offense... You make 45$ an hour fixing computers? All the power to you. Not all of us get that lucky...

03-04-09 06:43 PM
    Because there are rules. We don't get to decide which ones we want to follow and which ones we don't.

actually, if you didn't spend all your time helping old ladies cross the street, handing out food at the food bank or practicing prayer in the church during the evenings, you would realize the rest of us eagle scouts ARE actually deciding which rules to break and which ones not to. It's a D A M N shame that people still don't realize that IT'S OKAY TO BE OFFENDED, YOU HAVE EVERY MF'N RIGHT TO BE OFFENDED, JUST LIKE I HAVE EVERY MF'N RIGHT TO OFFEND!!!!

Grow a sac
    We're all Adults here...
    03-04-09 06:48 PM
    however -- the censor tool missed this particular word and it is great at getting your point across when no other word quite encompasses what you want to say.

ready for the word??

Ready... POOPIE!

there, I said it. I said that #$%& word, holy %^$# it bleeed out %&* but let POOPIE thru. this is insane... I bet #$@# gets bleeped as well and probably $%^&* and &%$# -- but not POOPIE, not the blessed POOPIE!!! long live POOPIE!
    03-04-09 06:51 PM

We do decide which one we follow and which ones we don't. Its the possible punishment we can't choose. Sometimes its worth the risk.
    03-04-09 06:53 PM
    Boom Baby! Now lets take the light off of vndlewis who CLEARLY lost this debate....
    Last edited by Back-space; 03-04-09 at 07:36 PM.
    03-04-09 07:00 PM
    We do decide which one we follow and which ones we don't. Its the possible punishment we can't choose. Sometimes its worth the risk.
    Now, I'm with you, but please bombard Washington with that and see how many laughs there are. They dig gin' holes to set the standards bar in.

03-04-09 07:21 PM
    Now, I'm with you, but please bombard Washington with that and see how many laughs there are. They dig gin' holes to set the standards bar in.

Just remember SOMEONE is always looking out for YOUR best interests
    03-04-09 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD