Whenever I save a phone number in the address book, by default it is entered as a "work" number.

HOW can I shift it down to either home/mobile, etc. ???
    09-01-08 11:22 PM
    I have the same issue. I have always reimputed the # under the correct label. Never really thought of it as a problem. Maybe there is a better way
    09-01-08 11:36 PM
    I just copy and paste the number to either home or mobile as required
    09-01-08 11:42 PM
    It's mainly due to the fact that BBs are recognized as "business" phones, so the phone automatically designates new numbers as "work" numbers.

CC

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 11:50 PM
    I of course know how to do copy/paste on regular computer ...

But ..

What is the exact procedure to do it on the BB ????

THANKS
    09-02-08 01:52 AM
    Press the shift while moving the trackball over the text to highlight it. Then press the menu key and select cut or copy. Then you go to space where you want to copy the text and press menu key again. Select paste and you're done.

I'm sure there's a shortcut but I'm not there yet.

09-02-08 01:58 AM
    If we have several numbers in one contact, can we set one to be default so that it is dialed automatically when selected in phone list??
    11-07-08 03:58 AM
    Even my old RAZR did that... must be one of those OLD industry standards, and not for personal use... LOL!!! I think they should look at who is buying all the phones now a days.
    11-07-08 07:16 AM
    I think there is a program out there that let's you save the number as something else if the copy and paste annoys you.

11-07-08 08:00 AM
    Even my old RAZR did that... must be one of those OLD industry standards, and not for personal use... LOL!!! I think they should look at who is buying all the phones now a days.
    The first 2 things that I found that annoyed me at the BBs, was the lack of "Add to contact" option for new numbers and the setting default number option for contacts with several numbers...
    11-07-08 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD