Well as you can see I don't have a blackberry, YET, but I am due for an upgrade through AT&T in just a few days.

I was at the store a week ago playing with the current models and decided on the curve.....in red......My current Samsung is red and since my husband sticks to black or a gunmetal grey in phones red is a good choice for me. Anyway it was then that the salesmen said if I wait the bold will be coming out soon in July/August time frame.........aaaaghhh. I had really really sold myself on the curve, but now with a potential NEW BB with a 3g network and wifi? What to do......

Anyway I might have to wait a bit longer to decide as I'd hate to jump on the curve and then wish I had the bold. My current phone has 3g and what I would hate to step back to the edge like the curve has.....

Any input into my decision making?

Oh and I LOVE this site......it's become my new obsession on the internet as of late.....
    06-29-08 05:51 PM
    Buy early and often. ;-)

You're coming to the BB at a great time in its evolution.
    06-29-08 06:10 PM
    Wlecome to Crackberry. This is a great site.

I have a Curve and I love it. I am not sure about the Bold myself,
    since I have not had an opportunity to see it in person.

I do think that if I was in the market for a BB I would probably wait for the Bold.
    The increase memory and the addition of Wifi will make the Bold a great device.
    The screen resolution is supposed to be much better too
    06-29-08 06:15 PM
    I just got my Curve through Sprint. I traded my Mogul for it. Turns out, I won
    06-29-08 06:43 PM
    Welcome to CB!

I do not have a Curve, but a freind does and it is nice, and I have not seen the Bold in person either, but if it were me, I would wait until the release of the 9000. They may not have it in red though!
    06-29-08 06:47 PM
    Welcome to crackberry.com
    06-29-08 09:52 PM
    Aloha...welcome to CB..and AT&T is a good carrier..IMO...you'll love your BB
    06-29-08 09:53 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

I would recommend getting that Curve!! The ATT guy really does not know when the device is going to be released, just like us. It could be all the way at the end of August, or September... nobody really knows.

Anyhow, the Curve with ATT is only $49.99 for the time being (if I am correct!!) The sales rep was probably trying to talk you into waiting so he could earn more commission off of you if you bought a Bold down the road... LOL!
    06-29-08 09:56 PM
    welcome to cb.
    06-29-08 10:35 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

I would recommend getting that Curve!! The ATT guy really does not know when the device is going to be released, just like us. It could be all the way at the end of August, or September... nobody really knows.

Anyhow, the Curve with ATT is only $49.99 for the time being (if I am correct!!) The sales rep was probably trying to talk you into waiting so he could earn more commission off of you if you bought a Bold down the road... LOL!
    You are probably right! As my upgrade day approaches (July 3) I am getting more and more anxious!! I have a sneaking suspicion that the Curve would suit my needs well......but gosh waiting for that bold? Lord....what to do!! Don't be surprised if you see me with a new curve in the next couple of days! haha

Oh and Go Blue!!
    07-01-08 03:23 PM
    Welcome to the crack!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 03:27 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    07-01-08 07:34 PM
    aaack! this is slowly becoming an obsession!!!

i checked our AT&T bill today because I had a sneaking suspicion that my son is texting more than he should be AND I noticed I can upgrade TODAY, not tomorrow!

man......I feel anxiety! Do I just go in and get the curve OR do I wait it out and get the bold......

aaack!
    07-02-08 05:57 PM
    Me, personally, am waiting for the Bold since I would rather have the 3G and Wifi on the phone since I do a good bit of browsing on my phones......but I love how the Curve looks and feels......just depends on your taste.
    07-02-08 09:49 PM
    Me, personally, am waiting for the Bold since I would rather have the 3G and Wifi on the phone since I do a good bit of browsing on my phones......but I love how the Curve looks and feels......just depends on your taste.
    yeah......I use my little samsung alot to browse and it already runs on the 3g. BUT we're moving next year in the fall and where we're heading to doesn't have 3g......so I'm kind of stuck........

I'm going to hold on for now......and we'll see how long I can last.
    07-02-08 10:57 PM
    Hi and welcome to CB! I just got my curve last week and am quite happy with the decision not to wait. I talked to 3 different AT&T sales people and 1 said Aug for the Bold and 2 said more like Sept. I have no idea which is right but that was longer than I wanted to wait! :-)
    07-03-08 12:04 AM
    welcome to cb.
    07-03-08 12:07 AM
    Hi and welcome to CB! I just got my curve last week and am quite happy with the decision not to wait. I talked to 3 different AT&T sales people and 1 said Aug for the Bold and 2 said more like Sept. I have no idea which is right but that was longer than I wanted to wait! :-)
    and see THAT is also something I am afraid of.

My husband has been emailing me from overseas to ask if I broke down and bought one. He's in the market for a BB as well, BUT his upgrade isn't until December! haha.....so he will more than likely end up with the bold...and I worry that once i see his I'd be angry.

Tell me to stop overanalyzing this!!! haha
    07-03-08 12:58 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!!!
    07-03-08 09:04 AM
    So today after checking the internet to see what was out there and if there was possibly a blurb about the bold coming out I went about my business.

As I'm driving with my kids in the car my 5 year old says "Mom are you getting a blackberry curve?" haha......I guess I HAVE been talking about it alot lately.....I shushed him and said I'm waiting.

THEN a John Mayer song comes on the radio and I immediately thought "Doesn't HE Have a blackberry bold?" hahahaa

obsessed much???

I know the curve would suit me well and that price? SO good right now.....so good.

someone just come over and drag me to the store to get it!!!
    07-03-08 08:19 PM
    Any berry is a good berry and certainly better than no berry! Welcome to the Crack!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 08:42 PM
    yeah......I use my little samsung alot to browse and it already runs on the 3g. BUT we're moving next year in the fall and where we're heading to doesn't have 3g......so I'm kind of stuck........

I'm going to hold on for now......and we'll see how long I can last.
    Interesting, AT&T should be releasing a 8320 Curve which has Wifi(correct me if I am wrong) but is without 3G......sounds like this could be a good choice..
    07-04-08 01:44 AM
    Well unless you REALLY need the extra speed - the Curve is wonderful - and inexpensive.........for me if I really need to do alot of internet work and/or work with larger docs I whip out my laptop anyway.........

Don't get caught up in too much hype unless you really need the extra goo of the bold - good luck!!!
    07-04-08 01:50 AM
    Interesting, AT&T should be releasing a 8320 Curve which has Wifi(correct me if I am wrong) but is without 3G......sounds like this could be a good choice..
    It does.....and I am leaning towards it more and more every single day. Because we'll stay with AT&T and at some point I'll be able to upgrade again. I just need to stop overthinking it and go in and GET it.

yeah......the price is a huge lure and after the day I had with my kids I think I'll be phone shopping this weekend!
    07-04-08 01:56 AM
    It does.....and I am leaning towards it more and more every single day. Because we'll stay with AT&T and at some point I'll be able to upgrade again. I just need to stop overthinking it and go in and GET it.

yeah......the price is a huge lure and after the day I had with my kids I think I'll be phone shopping this weekend!
    So.....did you purchase a BB yet?
    07-04-08 01:46 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD