Ok - a gold star to the first person to identify the movie line

Hello all. While this is my first post here, I've been lurking for awhile. Really started visiting a lot as I was researching the pre-release info for the Storm. Based on all the info I found here and other places, I decided against the Storm and got my new Bold yesterday.

I am coming from T-Mobile and a Sidekick LX, which I am still very fond of. For those of you not familiar with it, it is an excellent messaging device. The OS is really a pleasure to deal with, very stable and fast w/ fantastic shortcuts...not to mention the best keyboard I've ever used. It's got a really nice screen also. I used it primarily for messaging, surfing (Mobile/wap sites) and calls.

Despite my affection for the Kick, I began considering the Storm because the thought of 3G, better call quality, GPS/Nav, wider coverage for voice & data, and a better camera, all without sacrificing messaging excellence was appealing. I chose the Bold to get the features and still have a full QWERTY.

So here I is!

My first full day with the Bold wasn't a stellar one because I couldn't get voice or data service in my office, which is high up and about 2 feet from big windows. Hopefully, that problem won't be permanent or me and my Bold might have to break up

I've already got several questions to see if I can tweak the Bold to be as user friendly as my sidekick, so I'll probably be posting lots in the Bold forum. See you guys around.

Peas Out!
    Last edited by BTsee; 11-26-08 at 09:18 PM.
    11-26-08 08:44 PM
    that would be Austin Powers Welcome to CB!
    11-26-08 08:49 PM
    that would be Austin Powers Welcome to CB!
    Alrighty then...I guess we have a winner. The intrigue sure didn't last long! Enjoy your gold star
    11-26-08 09:01 PM
    Welcome to CB, and BB . You definitely made a great choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 09:06 PM

Hello & welcome to the CB family!

11-26-08 09:17 PM
    Ok, here's my 1st newb question: can I set an audible notification of incoming emails and texts?

I looked in the Getting Started Guide, as well as the onscreen menu but couldn't find an answer.

As it is right now, I wouldn't know I have new messages unless I looked at the face of the phone and saw the red light flashing.
    11-26-08 09:17 PM
    Welcome to the crackberry family!!

11-26-08 09:20 PM
    Welcome!!!

11-26-08 09:23 PM
    Welcome to CB!!!

11-26-08 09:33 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry

11-26-08 09:50 PM
    Thx for the star lol. Go into your profiles, and go to the bottom and select advanced. You can change each profile individually for sms, emails, calls and bb msg. Check out the ringtones on CB to find some free ones.
    11-26-08 09:57 PM
    11-26-08 10:08 PM
    Thx for the star lol. Go into your profiles, and go to the bottom and select advanced. You can change each profile individually for sms, emails, calls and bb msg. Check out the ringtones on CB to find some free ones.
    U da man! Thank you. The getting started guide is lacking that kind of info.
    11-26-08 10:31 PM
    Newb Question #2 for Schaid or anyone: I periodically get 2 icons in the upper toolbar that aren't listed in the start guide.

The first one is a square, that has 2 little green sqaures overlapping it at the top left corner and the bottom right corner. Any idea?

The second one is a lock that is unlocked. I'll guess that means it is for an unsecured webpage I am receiving/browsing?
    11-26-08 10:49 PM
    Welcome to the wonderful addiction known as CRACKBERRY, U R amongst friends here so don't ever be afraid to ask questions!
    11-27-08 05:34 AM
    Newb Question #2 for Schaid or anyone: I periodically get 2 icons in the upper toolbar that aren't listed in the start guide.

The first one is a square, that has 2 little green sqaures overlapping it at the top left corner and the bottom right corner. Any idea?

The second one is a lock that is unlocked. I'll guess that means it is for an unsecured webpage I am receiving/browsing?
    First one...

Second one... yes, your answer to your own question is correct

See you around in the Bold forum is right

Welcome to Crackberry!

Take advantage of the very helpful BB 101. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com . Also the powerfull search engine to dig through this bottomless pit of Crackberry knowledge for stuff already answered. Post on those existing threads or post a new one if need be. Many folks here happy to help. Some searching tips... Go To: Search Forums / Advanced Search / Key word search / search by title / "pick a key word" that comes to mind and you might stumble upon some answers and/or clues. Or search by Post content...

Launch your addiction into the next dimension. Go to wap.crackberry.com (from your phone) and install your CB Launcher.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

No worries Intervention is not in our vocabulary here, enjoy your addiction to the fullest.
    11-28-08 01:49 AM
    Welcome to the Land of Crack

ENJOY...

11-28-08 03:14 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    11-28-08 08:55 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

11-28-08 05:50 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry! .........

Take advantage of the very helpful BB 101. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com .....
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/........

PvT, Thank you for these links!
    11-28-08 06:23 PM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    11-28-08 06:28 PM
    Welcome. Crackberry.com will be your handy guide. Just throw out the user cd, the website will share more than you ever need to know
    11-28-08 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD