.....I finally chose the smartphone I felt was best for me (8330 Curve...and I love it). This is one of the better choices I've made. It contains all of the features I wanted and more. I've never owned a pda or a smartphone and since I've only had this a couple of days, I'm still trying to figure everything out. Can anyone tell me how to either set passwords on my email messages or a something that comes up whenever I go to check my messages? I'm not concerned about text messages, just my email. I'd like to protect that feature on my phone. I have all (except Inbox, I haven't figured out how to add that one yet) of my email on my email list and it's a privacy issue for me. I don't want just anyone randomly picking it up to use it to have the ability to check my email. Make sense? Also, if anyone can tell me how to add my Inbox account to my Blackberry list, that would be great!

Thanks!!
    11-21-08 02:12 PM
    You won't be able to password protect just your emails. You could choose to password protect the whole device though. You can do this by going to Options>Security Options>General Settings. Be careful though as if you fail to remember the password 10 times the device will be wiped of personal data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 02:20 PM
    So each time my Curve goes on the energy save mode, it'll bring up a password to use each time?
    11-21-08 02:26 PM
    You can set the security time-out feature on the same screen as I mentioned above. You can set the device to lock after 1 min to 1 hour of inactivity.

11-21-08 02:39 PM
    I procrastinate for almost a year before I made my decision. I decided the Curve was the phone for me, awesome phone. Then I was surprised by a corporate gift of a Bold, so I had no choice... Both phones are great.

The Curve is a nice small sized phone and you will love it.

Welcome to Crackberry!

Take advantage of the very helpful BB 101. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com . Also the powerfull search engine to dig through this bottomless pit of Crackberry knowledge for stuff already answered. Post on those existing threads or post a new one if need be. Many folks here happy to help. Some searching tips... Go To: Search Forums / Advanced Search / Key word search / search by title / "pick a key word" that comes to mind and you might stumble upon some answers and/or clues. Or search by Post content...

No worries Intervention is not in our vocabulary here, enjoy your addiction to the fullest.
    11-21-08 02:55 PM
    Hey BerryKewl, just wanted to welcome you to CB!
    11-21-08 08:23 PM
    Hey Kristi!

Thanks.....I have to confesse. I'm pretty smart when it comes to tech stuff ... but when my kids (all six of them, including the 7 year old) can get around this thing better than me..... in fact, it was my 20 year old and his girlfriend that convinced me I'd love it (they have Pearls, I needed more). My husband has a Treo from work and I'm SO GLAD I chose this smartphone over his. Mine is so much better and he's so jealous!!! It's the first time I've been able to one up him on something!! I have so many questions on the applications. I'm going to check out the FAQ's. I'm sure I can get most of my answers there.

Thanks for the welcome....my name is Kelly

I love it!
    11-22-08 03:48 PM
    Congrats on the curve!!!!

11-22-08 04:19 PM
    Gratz on your new curve, I know you'll enjoy it, and.....

11-22-08 04:42 PM
    Hey Kristi!

...My husband has a Treo from work and I'm SO GLAD I chose this smartphone over his. Mine is so much better and he's so jealous!!! It's the first time I've been able to one up him on something!! ....
    You just hangin around here, you are going to be one up'ing him a bunch more, I promise
    11-22-08 05:55 PM
    Hey Kelly,

I'm completely tech-saavy, and I definitely went through a harsh learning curve with my new 8330!!! Glad to hear I'm not alone! ;-)

I think the problem is - when you're in the tech industry, you expect things to be hard (nothing is ever simple!!!), then you get a BB (Curve, for example), and you try to make it harder than it actually is!!!

Geez... who woulda thunk it would be so SIMPLE! :-)

BB gets it right every time - at least they certainly did with the Curve!
    11-23-08 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD