Perhaps I'm looking @ this the wrong way. My friends and most of my family have 3-4 numbers & emails where they can be reached. It seems prudent to put a person as one contact but I have ALL that info to scroll thru when I'm trying to call for example Jane's house.

I'm waffling between just breaking everyone down and each person has a million entries in the book (i.e. Jane's school email, Jane's home email, Jane's office #, Jane's cell #) but that too seems a waste of space and time.

What am I missing? What am I doing wrong?
    06-21-08 12:43 PM
    It can be much easier if you set it up through ooutlook and then sync your phone to it. A lot faster also.
    06-21-08 12:47 PM
    i'd say the BB does a good job with multiple numbers, etc per person. if i type the first few letters of a name ont he dialer screen, it'll show me the matches and as i scroll over them, if i pause, it'll expand showing home, mobile, etc. also works with voice dial, you just specify home, etc. however it gives you 2 slots per person for work numbers, 2 for home, 1 for mobile, fax, pager, and you get 1 "other" slot. if you can fit everything in there it should be fine, and easier to enter, not having to type names 5 times.

if they have more than one email you can click the menu button > add email address. that'll give you at least a 2nd email field, didn't check to see if it supported 3+. and welcome to CB
    06-21-08 12:54 PM
    It can be much easier if you set it up through ooutlook and then sync your phone to it. A lot faster also.
    i personally, didnt do it that way to A). get used to the new keyboard and B). i wasnt sure which fields matched up with which. (only becuase outlook didn't match up with my treo, so i wasn't sure)
    06-21-08 12:56 PM
    welcome to CB..heres some useful info>> BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
    06-21-08 05:24 PM
    Thanks for eveyone's input. I'm thinking of biting the bullet and putting one entry in the address book per person. I'll just have to set up voice commands or something when I'm driving. I'd hate to put my baby and myself into a ditch or the oncoming path of a truck.
    06-21-08 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD