Hello all. I had a few questions about the Address Book.

1) Is there anyway so that whenever I re-enter the address book after exiting for it to automatically go back to the top of the list at A? Right now, if I'm scrolling through the address book and stop at "John Smith" and then exit the address book, when I re-enter it is still at "John Smith". How can I make it go back to A at the top of my address book each time?

2) The address book looks so plain and white and boring. Is there any way that I can have the address book show the contact name with maybe the phone number visible right underneath (like on a lot of other phones)? Is this controlled by a theme? Can I download a third-party program for this? Thanks.
    03-25-08 01:01 AM
    You can't set the address book to return to the top of the list, however if you start typing part or all of the name of the person you're looking for, the list will shorten as people match-up...

Also, if you have "Dial from Home screen" enabled, you can simply start typing the name of the person you want to call from the Home or phone screens for the same effect!

Green call button-->Menu-->Options-->General Options-->Dial from Home screen

As for the second part of your question, I don't believe the background of the contacts book can be changed without the use of third-party software...

I have no need for such an application though, so you will have to wait and see what the other guys come up with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-08 06:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD