A new blackberry user, would like to view my corrupted phone numbers before syncing with outlook. Blackberry says no way. can you imagine going thru 500 numbers, one at a time on your phone. THATS UGLY. viewing on a full size screen, with a full size keyboard would be a whole lot easier.
    09-16-08 02:52 PM
    09-16-08 02:54 PM
    A new blackberry user, would like to view my corrupted phone numbers before syncing with outlook. Blackberry says no way. can you imagine going thru 500 numbers, one at a time on your phone. THATS UGLY. viewing on a full size screen, with a full size keyboard would be a whole lot easier.
    Where are your numbers corrupted? Did you already sync and they got corrupted or were they corrupt on the PC? I'm a little confused. If your numbers are on the PC make whatever changes you need there and then sync and you should be OK. If you don't have any data on the PC and are UPLOADING from the phone well, that is a different issue for someone more knowledgeable than I...
    09-16-08 04:48 PM
    On XP or Vista just create a new user on your PC (you can delete it after), and setup outlook any details will do as you are only interested in the contacts. Sync your Blackberry (setup desktop manager to make the Blackberry the primary device) and then modify the contacts within outlook. Sync again and your BB will have all the amended details. You can then login to your PC with your normal user and Sync. It will ask you before it makes any changes to either outlook or the phone so you can check again to make sure you are happy before proceeding.

PS Always Export your Contacts to a file (.pst) first so if you make a mistake you can quickly import all the entries again.
    Last edited by mcbarrett; 09-17-08 at 06:02 AM.
    09-17-08 05:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD