This is probably the dumbest question... but I don't understand how the bb Address book works. I want to have different groups (e.g. Family, Friends, Work, etc) of contacts and whenever I add a contact assign him/her to one of the groups... how can I do this?
    Any link or site that I should visit?
    09-04-08 10:22 PM
    Open your address book and push the menu key... Select "New Group" and add as many people as you want. I did that for all my work contacts so that I can email or SMS them as a whole when I need to. Very handy. :-)

As far as I can tell, you can't add someone to a group as you're adding them as a contact. You'll have to open the group you want them in- after you put them in your address book- and add them to it that way.
    Last edited by cd5000; 09-04-08 at 11:05 PM. Reason: fixed typo. lol
    09-04-08 11:01 PM
    I know how to add people to my Address book, but how do I make them part of a group?
    09-05-08 12:26 AM
    I know how to add people to my Address book, but how do I make them part of a group?
    Thats what she just told you...read her post again.
    09-05-08 12:28 AM
    Open your address book and push the menu key... Select "New Group" and add as many people as you want. I did that for all my work contacts so that I can email or SMS them as a whole when I need to. Very handy. :-)

As far as I can tell, you can't add someone to a group as you're adding them as a contact. You'll have to open the group you want them in- after you put them in your address book- and add them to it that way.
    Thanks for your help, it was kind of hard to figure it out
    09-05-08 12:36 AM
    As long as your query is addressed, that's what we're here for...seems like I'm speaking on behalf of cd5000 but I'm replying because I asked you to re-read her post
    09-05-08 12:40 AM
    As long as your query is addressed, that's what we're here for...seems like I'm speaking on behalf of cd5000 but I'm replying because I asked you to re-read her post
    Thanks for having my back!

Glad I could help. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough- I don't always explain things well. lol
    09-05-08 05:28 AM
    Sorry, but I'm having trouble again... I was adding some contacts and groups... I don't know what I did and I lost all my contacts... Well, I don't think I lost them, but I think that I'm looking at other calendar, it displays the word "Personal" and "* No Addresses *".
    I can't figure out how to go back to the other calendar. when I go to options, under Address Books I only have "Default" as an option.
    Suggestions?

Oops! I had a filter turned on and I kept going from Business to Personal... by the way, how can I make someone part of Business and/or Personal?
    Last edited by h4x0rmx; 09-05-08 at 05:11 PM.
    09-05-08 04:17 PM
    To make them either Business or Personal- edit the contact and hit the menu key. Select "Categories" and it will give you the option to make them one or the other.
    09-05-08 05:54 PM
    To make them either Business or Personal- edit the contact and hit the menu key. Select "Categories" and it will give you the option to make them one or the other.
    Cool! Thanks... another questions, if you don't mind... can I add other "Categories"?
    09-05-08 05:59 PM
    Yes... When you're in the "Categories" menu, hit the menu key and select "New".
    09-05-08 09:57 PM
    wow!!! That is awesome!
    Thanks!!!! I appreciate your help!
    09-05-08 10:00 PM
    Anytime. :-)
    09-06-08 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD