We just purchased 6 BBs for our staff. We have set the devices up to receive email from our Exchange Server. Of the 6 phones, 4 are working great...emails come in on regular intervals with no problem. Two of the phone are coming up with locked out accounts daily...I have to go into the BIS, edit their account and re-enter their passwords to get the device to recieve email. I had read on a web board that the BB will lock out an account after 10 unsuccessful polls...the accounts seem to get locked out every night around the time that our server is doing back ups. The way the post read is that the server does not acknowledge the poll while it is doing backups and the phone just keeps polling until it gets an acknowledgement...obviously locking itself out. I had one of the users shut the phone off last night so that it would not poll for emails during backup time to see if the account would remain active...it did. But I really hate to have the phone shut off in case there is a need to contact the individual in an emergency. Is there any way to not recieve emails but still recieve phone calls? I find it bizzare that 4 of our phones work perfectly with no lockouts but 2 are locked out daily...am I missing something? Thanks in advance!
    07-06-07 12:37 PM
    No, BlackBerry's email are ALWAYS on, that's the beauty of it...

But, let me say this, I never for a minute thought BIS/BES interacted the way you're saying. I wonder if it's pure coincidence...

Nonetheless, I say remove the BIS account, and check to make sure there are no service books for it on the BlackBerry. Now, reboot the device, and then re-add the BIS account(s), and see what gives...

I use BIS & BES, and we do backups, and we don't have this issue...
    07-06-07 01:30 PM
    Not sure what the issue is...I even wondered if it was somehow user error...as 4 of the 6 work just fine. I will try removing the BIS account, and any leftover service books to see if that corrects the problem for at least one of the two...thanks for the advice...
    07-06-07 01:39 PM
    Well, the removal/recreation of the account did not work. The account was not active after Exchange backups on both Saturday and Sunday. I reactivated the account each morning. It just seems bizarre to me that it would work fine for 4 of the 6 accounts. Any other suggestions out there? Thanks for any assistance you can give me!!
    07-09-07 12:38 PM
    Hmm, you might have to call your service provider (the'll do a little troubleshooting first), and then have them transfer you to RIM. Doing it this way, you don't have to pay for the call to RIM!
    07-09-07 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD