Hi everyone!
    I'm so hoping you all could help me!

I have been with O2 for years using a Nokia 6300.
    I got a text mentioning I am entitled to an upgrade and I have always fancied a Blackberry.
    I just got a phone call offering me the 8520 for free with an 18 month contract with 600min 500txt and unlimited internet/e-mail for �35 with cashback making it effectively �22.22
    When I mentioned getting a 9000 bold instead he was a bit iffy saying it was alot older.
    I had the impression that the bold was better than the 8520 curve as it is more costly, a better screen res and an fast OS.
    Am I right? he said the difference in speed is negligible; about a second.
    The Bold9000 would cost �5 more a month, would be be worth it or will the 8520 do just fine?

I am excited and want to get one when he calls back but I don't know whether I should hold off!

Which one??
    Thanks
    Hannah
    02-08-10 10:18 AM
    I have an 8520. I loved it..............except for the camera!! I have had many blackberries over the past few years. This one is great but no flash on the camera. All other BBs had a camera as good as any 10pixel camera.

My only complaint. So, if you have another means for photos, you will love it. But know that going in!
    02-09-10 10:20 PM
    If you had a mind you would've chosen a 9000, but it's all up to you, read a couple of reviews on the internet. Get to know the features of both phones before you consider one, go to "gsmarena.com" and read reviews there.
    02-09-10 10:44 PM
    Whatever,it's up to you to make the decision .I think 9000 is much better
    02-10-10 03:05 AM
    IMHO the 9000 rules that pair. Check out their respective features and try them both in a shop. Comparison shopping is a fine thing these days.
    02-10-10 06:08 AM
    previous owner of a 9000, if I had your choice, I'd go with the 9000, but that's just my opinion. pick the one that is right for you.
    02-10-10 06:15 AM
    Hi all, thanks for your opinions!
    I ended up ordering the 8520 on Monday evening.
    It arrived the next day and I contemplated sending it back untouched for a different model but that proved too difficult and I must say its absolutely darling!
    I think this a great lil phone for my needs and would consider a more exspensive model when I enter the world of full time work!
    Seems a bit odd comning from an average mobile to this, but it gunna be neat working it out!!
    02-10-10 07:26 AM
    Hi all, thanks for your opinions!
    I ended up ordering the 8520 on Monday evening.
    It arrived the next day and I contemplated sending it back untouched for a different model but that proved too difficult and I must say its absolutely darling!
    I think this a great lil phone for my needs and would consider a more exspensive model when I enter the world of full time work!
    Seems a bit odd comning from an average mobile to this, but it gunna be neat working it out!!

Good choice. And welcome to the crackberry machine!
    02-13-10 05:20 AM
    I have both and the 9000 is far superior, 8520 is an entry level device (sorry if I offend), sorry I didn't read the whole post.
    Last edited by Threefive; 02-13-10 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Oops
    02-13-10 05:23 AM
    Thanks! My berry is so cute!
    I guess I am an entry level person, 1st BB and using for social and personal use!

I went to a club last night and took my old mobile, I would be devastated if I broke/lost my BB!
    02-13-10 05:40 AM
    8520 was my first BlackBerry too, it is a great phone especially if you never knew the goodies of the BlackBerry, but once you're in, you want better, you want 3G, you want better scree, etc

nice start honey bunny
    10-27-10 11:03 AM
    I woulda went for the Bold, BUT the 8520 is a nice device too.
    10-27-10 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD