I just loaded an 8 G micro SD card in my BB curve 8320 but how come when I checked for available memory, it's showing to only have 3.5 GB total and available space?
    10-03-08 01:31 PM
    What os are you running? Options -status

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 01:32 PM
    If you are running an older os it will fine but the device will only see it as a 4g card. It shows a little less because of allocation tables. If you are on 4.3 or higher format thne card and then see what it is.

10-03-08 01:35 PM
    Hi...

By default, the 4.2 OS will not manage 8gb cards. There are some however, who formatted the 8gb cards in a PC using FAT and then were able to use the card on BB's with the 4.2 OS. Your mileage may vary. You can update your phone to the newer 4.5 OS which has been designed to work with 8gb MicroSD cards.

Let us know how your doing...

H.
    10-03-08 01:36 PM
    how do I update to a 4.5? I'm a newbie to all of this.
    10-03-08 01:40 PM
    i think you are definitely running 4.2. Get v4.5 to use up to 8gb. In fact, i you upgrade to v4.5.0.81, u can use up to 16GB.

check the forums for instructions on how to upgrade to v4.5.
    10-04-08 02:43 AM
    I would offer a word of caution before upgrading your OS especially if, as you stated, you are new to all this. Far better to spend some time getting used to both to your device and the upgrade procedure. Once you feel comfortable then this site offers an excellent resource for everything you may need to know as well as people being on hand should things go wrong.

10-04-08 03:30 AM
    There is a lot of good advise here... including spending some time getting to know your new Curve... check out my Blackberry 101 link below in my signature... they have the procedure to upgrade your OS to 4.5 or any other version... they also have a lot of other great lessons.
    10-04-08 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD