I just got a Verizon 8830 and curious about the web browser. Am I stuck with the preloaded web browser or do I have other options? Are there other web browsers out there that I can download? I see that MiniOpera doesn't support the 8830 yet. All I want is to be able to log onto my CBS Sportsline account from this phone, but the stock browser doesn't let me do that. I thought these phones were supposed to be the be-all-end-all of phones. But then again, I could just be a moron that doesn't know how to use the phone yet. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    07-23-07 02:10 AM
    Do a search of the Forums, there is a ton of 3rd party apps for your BB. Opera mini does work on the 8830.

Welcome to crackberry.com!!
    07-23-07 06:03 AM
    According to the website, Operamini doesn't work on Verizon. Is this true? Ia anyone using it with Verizon?

Thanks
    08-03-07 07:07 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised. I heard that verizon was actually thinking of disabling the phone feature soon.
    08-06-07 07:16 PM
    Your close, but from what I do understand from multiple CS and Data reps at VZW, they will be disabling more things on the BB's as they come out.
    08-06-07 07:35 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised. I heard that verizon was actually thinking of disabling the phone feature soon.
    They'll disable it, but for 9.99 a month you can get their new vzwphone add on.

But seriously, why is it hard to get things that work on the 8830 but they work on say the 8800? Aren't they very close to each other?
    08-06-07 08:39 PM
    I shouldn't condone this, but, this is hilarious!

08-07-07 08:18 AM
    That makes no sense whatsoever. Why would they disable the phone feature?
    08-07-07 09:03 AM
    I tired to download the Opera mini browser, both the 3.1 and beat 4.0 version, and neither of them worked successfully.
    08-07-07 09:20 AM
    That makes no sense whatsoever. Why would they disable the phone feature?
    It's a joke.
    08-07-07 09:20 AM
    I know they are joking. But at the same time, I'm also scared that they are serious. Damn Verizon and their over priced, but large network. Gah.
    08-07-07 01:25 PM
    Ha ha ha I was reading thus post and couldn't control myself this is really hilarious just as navilyn put it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-07 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD