Hi everyone,

This is my first post and probably my first time on a blackberry (crackberry) forum! This is also my first BB so I'm hoping this would be great.

I have a couple of questions:

1- I bought this to get corporate email, but I was told by my firm that they dont support the carrier I'm using and that if I wanted to forward (im not sure this is the right term!?! ) my email to my BB, then I would need to switch carriers. Is there anyway I can get my firm email on the phone?

2- I see a BB messenger on the phone. I tried adding a hotmail extension and a yahoo extension but it just sends out an email to people to download BB chat client. Is there anyway of installing perhaps msn messenger or some software that allows you to add @hotmail extension without having them download extra software?

Thanks!

-Mas
    10-25-07 10:09 AM
    Hi everyone,

This is my first post and probably my first time on a blackberry (crackberry) forum! This is also my first BB so I'm hoping this would be great.

I have a couple of questions:

1- I bought this to get corporate email, but I was told by my firm that they dont support the carrier I'm using and that if I wanted to forward (im not sure this is the right term!?! ) my email to my BB, then I would need to switch carriers. Is there anyway I can get my firm email on the phone?

2- I see a BB messenger on the phone. I tried adding a hotmail extension and a yahoo extension but it just sends out an email to people to download BB chat client. Is there anyway of installing perhaps msn messenger or some software that allows you to add @hotmail extension without having them download extra software?

Thanks!

-Mas
    1. Are you using a BES through your employer or did you want to set up the email on your own through Blackberry Internet Service? If you use a BIS it shouldn't matter what email or carrier you have I believe.

2. For AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Google etc you need to download an IM Client. beejive :: JiveTalk mobile messaging is by far the best. It has a 30 day trial and is well worth the purchase price. It will let you IM with anyone who has a supported service on another device or PC.
    10-25-07 10:19 AM
    1. Are you using a BES through your employer or did you want to set up the email on your own through Blackberry Internet Service? If you use a BIS it shouldn't matter what email or carrier you have I believe.

2. For AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Google etc you need to download an IM Client. beejive :: JiveTalk mobile messaging is by far the best. It has a 30 day trial and is well worth the purchase price. It will let you IM with anyone who has a supported service on another device or PC.
    1- I dont know what a BES is... Sorry. I bought this BB on my own with the intent of using it for my work email. We're always on Outlook at work. I can check my email through the browser, but it would be great if it got sent to my phone (like my personal email)... Let me know what you mean and Ill hopefully give you the info you need.

2- Thanks, ill test/puchase that when I get home tonight!
    10-25-07 10:54 AM
    Ok, so I'm guessing that was Blackberry Enterprise Server, which my company is using. But they dont support my carrier. Ill set it up through my internet service if possible. How do you do that?
    10-25-07 11:09 AM
    *bump*

trying to get some feedback on this if possible...
    10-30-07 03:51 AM
    It should not matter what carrier your company is on. My employer has an army of BB which are on Verizon and I bought my own Sprint BB and I can get my email, contacts , etc fine. Tell your IT guys to set up an account for you on the BES and get your password and you should be good to go.
    10-30-07 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD