Hi, does anyone know how to change the homescreen color to just plain black?

I am using one of my photos, taken from an SD Micro media card, and it has a dark background. The 8830 is taking the pic, centering it on my homescreen, and then there are these blazing hot white filler bars on either side of my pic....yuck.

This thing has to also do plain black as a homescreen color....

Is there a trick to get the pic to fill the screen?

Anyone know how to do it?
    08-03-07 11:47 PM
    Get a black wallpaper, or better still the iPhone theme would help, it comes with a black background...
    08-04-07 06:55 AM
    A more poster-friendly answer might have been this:

Take a copy of your image and give it enough black border to fill the screen of your Blackberry, put it back on your 'berry and use it as your background.

I think the original poster wanted to do what I've wanted to do, too: have a smaller-than-full-size image on the page without that ridiculous white background rectangle around it. On all modern computers, you can set both the background-color and the background-image. If you have a mostly-blue image that does not fill the 320x240 for your curve, for example, you could set the background-color to a coordinating blue color.

Does anyone know if this is possible. I don't gather that it is.
    10-31-07 01:44 PM
    Use the Wallpaper Maker here on CrackBerry to help you with your image.

Best bet is to get the image as close as possible to the 320 x 240 screen size. You can email the photo to yourself, resize it in your photo editing program, save it and then send it to your BB thru the Wallpaper Maker.

If you are having trouble resizing it, just send me a pm.
    11-01-07 08:24 PM
    I did this and had no silver bars on the side.
    I created a 320x240pixel jpeg and I've uploaded it to the wallpaper section under the misc. catagory as a plain black wallpaper. If you bring it (or make your own like it) into the wallpaper maker here and use the zoom option in wallpaper maker, you'll see the silver lines go away. also make sure you use the correct dimmesions option in wallpaper maker (320x240). then email it to yourself in wallpaper maker.
    12-01-07 01:13 PM
    Take pic to photoshop. Add black canvas size to 1 inch W X H. Cut image size to 260 pixels. Copy to SD card. Place in BB. Open pic. Go to fill screen. Scroll so black border is where u want it. Then set as background.
    11-18-08 10:14 AM
    BTW - we all want to say - WELCOME TO CB!
    11-18-08 08:30 PM
    the trick to make it full screen is to set the image to "fill screen" in the photo menu then "set as home screen image".
    12-16-08 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD