So I got my new 8800 which I have been dying for and of course spent the 1st 3 hours customizing it. So far so good, a lot like my last BB so I love it but, what gives with the wallpaper. I havent even gotten to my own yet but I went to set one of the 'pre-installed' wallpapers and it only shows behind the icons on the 'Cingular Theme'. Why wouldn't it fit to the size of the entire screen. It looks rediculous.

Help, anyone?
    05-22-07 09:40 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

I'm not sure I understand what the issue is. With the Cingular Theme, the wallpaper will always be behind the icons. That's just the way that theme works. I'd suggest using the Zen or T-Mobile Zen if you want to have an un-cluttered looking screen.

Now if I completely missed the point, try restating and asking me again
    05-22-07 09:47 AM
    Thanks for the reply! This site is a great resource, I am glad to be apart of the community.

Yes, you are right. The cingular theme just happens to work like that. When you choose a new wallpaper it only covers the area directly behing the app icons and not the entire screen. I just think that looks silly. Oh Cingular, bad..Cingular...

I switched to the Zen layout and yes, now the wallpaper covers the screen. And after messing with the Font I guess I will keep it. I just happen to like the icons of the Cingular theme better. Is there other sites to download themes or can you only download themes from MediaNet. Any suggestions would be great.
    05-22-07 11:13 AM
    There are no themes for the 8800 yet to be downloaded. You can however have all vendor themes unlocked if you haven't done so already.
    05-22-07 01:39 PM