Hey all,

I am the new owner of an 8703e and I love it so far. However, I am having trouble with getting it all setup. I got it from a friend of mine who has had it less than 2 weeks, so it is basically brand new. I put the CD in, but all that happens is it loads desktop manager. I thought the CD had other apps and the manual on it. All that I can do is load DM and do the intellisync and application stuff. Is this correct? Next problem is with applications. I downloaded a couple of free apps from here and handango to my PC to install. When i go into DM to the app loader and select the .alx file it just says it cannot find the associated file type or something and it doesnt install anything on my blackberry. I saw a tutorial online on installing software and it shows the DM screen when you do this in which it pulls up all the software on the device, my DM doesnt do that. Is there some setting that I need to change to allow me to install software via USB?

10-14-07 05:02 PM
    Right, the CD is really Desktop Manager 4.2.*, and a users guide.

As for programs and the likes, just make sure you're downloading applications for the right Blackberry device...

Also, try getting Over The Air (OTA) applications; much easier! You can download them DIRECTLY to the device, using the browser...
    10-14-07 05:29 PM
    In addition to Desktop Manager, you also need to download and install the device-specific application package for your handheld. Once this is installed, DM will show a list of apps and core OS items for your device.
    10-14-07 05:32 PM
    Where do I get and download the device specific package for my handheld?
    10-14-07 06:55 PM
    Go to your carriers website, and select said device, and you should be able to do it from there...
    10-14-07 07:36 PM
    Thanks, I think I found it
    10-14-07 08:33 PM
    Hello all. I am having a similar problem with my desktop manager software. I have loaded it to my computer but when I connect my device it won't do anything. The status is listed as disconnected eventhough the device is connected. I tried clicking connection settings and although it registers my PIN it still won't do anything. I checked under options and it does not have my device information listed. So, I went over to the Verizon website to get the info and I noticed that the device info available on the site is version 4.2 and I have the disk for 4.1 and 4.1 is currently on my device. Any suggestions on how to make desktop manager work? Thanks in advance.
    01-15-08 12:19 PM