Im still currently having problems with my new bold. tech support says rogers and rim are having provisioning problems that most have already heard of or gotten resolved.

My question is ..If I currently still have a 3000 SIM in my phone is that a potential reason none of my data is working?

Thanks in advance
    08-29-08 03:13 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

3000 SMS messages of 165 characters is less the 1/2 Mb of data, that is not the problem.

What kind of issue do you have?
    08-29-08 03:37 PM
    Thanks Reed.

Ever since I switched from the 8800 to the new Bold. I am unable to recieve or even set up my e-mail...bb msngr (which is killing me by the minute)....and no Pin to Pin.

I had spoken to Rogers tech support 3 times, and they keep telling me there is a "provisioning " problem and a mass ticket has been issued. Now the funny thing is my co-workers who have them do not have any issues. Im at a loss for words.
    08-29-08 03:43 PM
    Sorry im not sure if you misunderstood the original question. The tech support gentleman told me that my SIM card was a 3000 series (number on the rogers sim)....and not the 4000 #. Which supports the newer hardware
    08-29-08 03:44 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 03:46 PM
    Sorry im not sure if you misunderstood the original question. The tech support gentleman told me that my SIM card was a 3000 series (number on the rogers sim)....and not the 4000 #. Which supports the newer hardware
    Thanks for the correction, it does say SIM, not SMS.

If Rogers is having account configuration issues, that would explain why you are not getting data, yet.

If your co-workers still using their 88's, they would not be impacted by the provisioning issue.

When the 6 Gb BlackBerry plan was first announced, a lot of the early adopters noted similuar provisioning issues. It was resolved in a day as I recall.

Enjoy your long weekend, not much you can do until they get their systems working correctly.
    08-29-08 03:48 PM
    Thanks Reed. have a great long wknd as well
    08-29-08 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD