Hey gang, I was hoping somebody could help me knock down two quick Bberry newbie questions I've had my Vzw Curve for about two weeks now, and, of course, I'm totally loving it. But I'm not clear on the following things:

1. Standby mode. I'd be grateful to hear how all you more seasoned BB users use standby mode -- instead of/in addition to key lock? I didn't understand it at first; I thought it was a quick "mute all" dealie, and put my device into standby before I went into a meeting and then was shocked when it rang when I got a call. Here's a sub-question: I've read here on CB that standby mode saves the battery better than key lock, probably because if your device is in your pocket in key lock and you accidentally push the buttons, the screen comes on, etc. Would that go for turning the device off at night? So far I've been powering off my Bberry at night, but if standby mode will be just as effective at conserving the battery, I might consider using that so that, in the morning, I can start the thing back up much quicker. What do you think?

2. Bberry Messenger. The version of the app on my Curve seems really buggy, and I'm curious to know how common that is among you senior users out there. Sometimes I can add people's PINs to their address book listings and add them as contacts in BB Messenger with no trouble, but with other contacts, no matter how many times I try, they continue to stay "pending" or never come up listed as a contact. When I ask them to try to send a request to add me to their Messenger, it never appears, or they can already view me as a contact, but for some reason I can't view them. Has this happened to anybody else, and do you have any suggestions?

Thanks, guys... I wish there were sites/boards as useful as CrackBerry for everything else in life...
    09-22-08 09:26 PM
    Can only answer 1st ? Holding the mute button will put your BB on standby. It does conserve battery life, but calls, emails, etc. will still come through.
    There is a auto on/off that will shut down your phone and start back up whenever you want. Go to Options>Auto On/Off

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 09:33 PM
    1. I use standby mostly for battery life.
    2. Not sure
    3. Welcome to CB!
    09-22-08 09:35 PM
    Hello & welcome to the family! Standby Mode for saving the life of the batterry. Haven't a clue on your 2nd ?
    09-22-08 10:08 PM
    1. You have your answers.

2. Try resending your service books, after a battery pull attempt, of course. This may be a network issue on either your or the other contact's end.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD