I just bought the pearl 8100. Its taking a lot to get used to it. My previous phone was a Sony Ericsson Walkman phone. So far he only questions I have are...

Is there an application for this phone to make music playing more user friendly (rather than just a file folder type)?

Is there any reason to attempt to upgrade my OS at this time? (It's currently on v 4.2.0.71 platform 2.2.0.41).

Anyway to make it vibrate and ring at the same time?
    (I thought it wasn't ringing for some reason but realized it was vibrating before it would ring. I need it to do both because I dont always hear or feel it.)

So far those are the only questions. I kind of like the phone. Like I said I'm really trying to get used to it. I hate that it only has one alarm and the ring volume at high is pitifully quiet (even with ringtones I created). If there is a thread for my questions, please direct me there. I have browsed through but you can't always tell by the titles. Thanks
    CR
    08-23-08 09:10 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    Upgrading is up to you, might as well get used to the BB for a little bit.

There's an app you can buy for the ring and vibe and the same time called vibandring: VibAndRing - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

For alarm: BBSmart Alarms Pro - Business & Finance BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

look: BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com
    08-23-08 09:15 PM
    Thanks, I actually came across those two programs right after I posted. It makes me feel better that I can make it more to my liking, even if I have to buy things to do it (lol for the price I got I guess it will even out).
    08-23-08 09:29 PM
    Thanks, I actually came across those two programs right after I posted. It makes me feel better that I can make it more to my liking, even if I have to buy things to do it (lol for the price I got I guess it will even out).

Yeah, I think BlackBerry left some of that off to save memory, then people can just customize what they want.
    08-23-08 09:30 PM
    Ok in the last 5 minutes I got two more questions.

How do you turn on predictive text in SMS messages. I thought it did that but I actually had to double tap...

And how do you delete the preloaded images? I saw how to delete applications but not these.

This website is a lifesaver
    08-23-08 09:41 PM
    oooh I figured out the text message thing
    08-23-08 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD