Hello,
    I am currently planning to deploy an app for my website through the blackberry app generator. my question is: is there any way to test the app without a blackberry 10 device? All i have is a playbook, no z10 or dev alpha, can i still test and deploy for bb10 using a mac/windows simulator?
    02-19-13 10:41 AM
    You can test it right in the App Generator if I remember correctly. Once you submit it, you can't really change it up too much but there won't really be too much to "test" anyway.
    02-19-13 10:51 AM
    Thanks Adam
    02-19-13 11:02 AM
    If one is a newbie and wants to develop applications for os10 & legacy bb's, what can you recommend I do to begin the process? Please email me on philipoquinn@gmail.com

Any links or comments would be appreciated.
    Last edited by ARQ-Keighley; 04-02-13 at 10:56 PM.
    04-01-13 09:45 PM
    ????? Can anyone help point me in the right direction to learning how to generate an application using software, please?
    --------
    If one is a newbie and wants to develop applications for os10 & legacy bb's, what can you recommend I do to begin the process? Please email me on philipoquinn@gmail.com

Any links or comments would be appreciated.
    04-02-13 10:59 PM
    I'd just join up on junior dev chat:

http://forums.crackberry.com/new-bla...r-devs-781529/

I can't post a flat response without being outdone by the documentation at BlackBerry Developer.
    04-04-13 09:21 AM
    I'm looking to create a shortcut app that I can push to clients on our BES10. Is there an easy way to create something that I can then push via the BES? I know it's not an app, it's just a shortcut, but I need to push a few shortcuts.

EDIT: What tool should I use if all I want to do is create a package, that's actually a web shortcut, that I can push via the BES10?

Thanks
    05-03-13 03:15 PM
    I'd use webworks. Make it an html page that does a redirect.

You also have the option then to give them a set of links. Instead of just redirecting.

So, in an HR department , you could link to docs and info.

Webworks will also let you build for os 5/6/7/10 and playbook with little effort.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 12:48 AM
    KernEd - Thanks for your guidance, it was helpful and I was able to create a redirect and get it on my device pushed via BES10, not bad for a rookie.

So where I'm at, it works but when I open the app on my device or the simulator, I get a Close button at the top of the window. When I click or hit it, the screen just goes white. I can close the white screen by swiping up but I suspect I'm not doing something right. Do I need to add something to my app to understand the Close button or is there a way to just make this open in the native browser without a close button?

If this is the wrong thread, and it probably is since I'm not using the generator, I can start a new one.

UPDATE: I was able to reach my goal, took some digging but got it to work.
    Last edited by slideaway; 05-06-13 at 03:01 PM.
    05-06-13 08:16 AM
    Cool! Nice success. Sorry for late response.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 10:41 PM