I found a few samples (not from BlackBerry of course), but they don't seem to work on 10.3. There were a few errors due to API changes which I managed to remove, but now it's stuck on a white screen when trying to debug the app. There are a lot of warnings in the console about missing libraries. Any ideas?

What is really annoying is that there are no official OAuth samples from BlackBerry.
    07-30-14 09:16 AM
    Search for "Facebook oauth for BB10". I remember seeing one made by a third party

Dev of AutoCrop Scanner
    07-30-14 09:51 AM
    Search for "Facebook oauth for BB10". I remember seeing one made by a third party

Dev of AutoCrop Scanner
    Thanks, but I've tried all of them. I'm using this one now: https://github.com/kylefowler/foursquare. Last updated 2 years ago, get's stuck on the splash screen. I'm starting to think it's an issue with the Momentics IDE.
    07-30-14 10:07 AM
    Twitter has also a lot of stuff on it's developer pages (not easy to find). The problem with that Twitter stuff is: there's never a consistent documentation, you must read here a bit, there a bit, Google a bit, start from the beginning and then, a few days later, you suddenly get it.

I for myself implemented an OAuth access to Twitter and Identi.ca myself using hard core plain HTTP requests via boost::asio. I didn't want to use an extra library like liboauth for this because this leads to new build dependencies and other bad effects. I tend to use that library for OAuth that is also used to do the intended requests. Using plain HTTP has also the advantage that you can read the responses from the server as they are received. This gives you a lot of hints about what's wrong.

I could send you a C++ class doing the entire authentication (via the PIN way), but as I said: based heavily on boost::asio and stl. But perhaps you see how it is done and can rewrite your own code.
    07-30-14 10:45 AM
    Twitter has also a lot of stuff on it's developer pages (not easy to find). The problem with that Twitter stuff is: there's never a consistent documentation, you must read here a bit, there a bit, Google a bit, start from the beginning and then, a few days later, you suddenly get it.

I for myself implemented an OAuth access to Twitter and Identi.ca myself using hard core plain HTTP requests via boost::asio. I didn't want to use an extra library like liboauth for this because this leads to new build dependencies and other bad effects. I tend to use that library for OAuth that is also used to do the intended requests. Using plain HTTP has also the advantage that you can read the responses from the server as they are received. This gives you a lot of hints about what's wrong.

I could send you a C++ class doing the entire authentication (via the PIN way), but as I said: based heavily on boost::asio and stl. But perhaps you see how it is done and can rewrite your own code.
    Thank you, but I built my own methods in the end. I'll let you know if I get stuck again.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 08:07 AM