It's approaching the 5th day since BBM 5.0 was first heard of, I'd like to see who is still using it, and who isn't. Tell us:
    -which Blackberry phone you have and carrier
    -which method of installation you used (OTA or DM)
    -are you a light or a heavy BBM user? how much messages do you send/receive in a day?
    -why did you uninstall it? what kind of problems did you have? (if you did)
    -if you had a problem, were you able to resolve it, and how?
    -Also let us know how long you've been using it.

as for me:
    -Blackberry Tour with Sprint
    -installed via DM 5.0
    -I send and receive about 400-500 messages per day.
    -downgraded it because it was lagging so bad. I think I noticed that if I was lagging, and I sent myself a text or receive a text, it gets the ball rolling again on my BBM. But I could be mistaken since I only used it briefly for about 6 hours...
    -I didn't wait for the problem to resolve, I depend on my BBM too much to wait for the problem to be fixed.
    -I used it for about 6 hours...
    07-21-09 11:53 PM
    -Verizon Tour
    -OTA
    -Heavy
    -Had NO problems so far. ::KNOCK ON WOOD:: lol
    -About 2 days now and i love it.
    07-22-09 01:56 AM
    1) BlackBerry Tour on Verizon
    2) OTA
    3) Very heavy - Long distance relationship is essentially lived through BBM
    4) N/A
    5) The only problem I had was the same many others had a few days ago. That being with D/R messages. However, after a day it began to work again. I did re-register my phone to the network but I believe it was more of a network issue in the first place.
    6) I've been using it for probably about 3 days, and what's stated above is basically the only problem I've had. Also, not being able to see other people's avatars, but remember, it's a leaked version, so I'm sure everything will be somewhat functional with an official release.
    07-22-09 02:02 AM
    Lol. Why ask what device when posted in the Tour forum?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 02:08 AM
    *Sprint Tour/Curve
    *Heavy BBM user 600-700 messages a day
    *1st attempt in stalled via DM 5.0 on curve on 7/17 as soon as i saw the post on CB, it worked fine... Then the UPS man dropped off my Tour @ around 9pm
    *2nd attempt installed via DM 5.0 on 7/17 on my Tour, it had a serious lag so i down graded on 7/18.
    *3rd attempt installed via ota around 7am on 7/20 on my Tour but this time I re-registered my phone to the network and has been perfect ever since (2 full days and counting!!!)
    07-22-09 02:21 AM
    Tmobile curve 8900 running 5.0. Had the same problem as everyone else, re-register device and all clear since. Downloaded OTA
    07-22-09 02:28 AM
    -Verizon
    -Downloaded to desktop then used apploader
    -moderate-heavy
    -I didn't uninstall but thinking of uninstalling then reinstalling
    -I had the same problems most people had with d/r yesterday but today, everything works fine. I didn't resend service books or host routing table, it just started working fine on it's own...Let's hope it stays that way.

I also am now able to see an avatar from a contact (my sister), but she can't see mine. Weird, but that's why I'm thinking of uninstalling then reinstalling. Her avatar showed up in my recent updates about an hour ago even though she's had it on there since the weekend.
    07-22-09 02:29 AM
    Lol. Why ask what device when posted in the Tour forum?

hehehe...cuz there's not a BBM 5.0 forum? hehehe...or cuz I have the Tour...

I guess if the mod can move this to the appropriate forum, that would be appreciated...
    07-22-09 02:31 AM
    -Verizon
    -Downloaded to desktop then used apploader
    -moderate-heavy
    -I didn't uninstall but thinking of uninstalling then reinstalling
    -I had the same problems most people had with d/r yesterday but today, everything works fine. I didn't resend service books or host routing table, it just started working fine on it's own...Let's hope it stays that way.

I also am now able to see an avatar from a contact (my sister), but she can't see mine. Weird, but that's why I'm thinking of uninstalling then reinstalling. Her avatar showed up in my recent updates about an hour ago even though she's had it on there since the weekend.
    the avatar thing may have to do with your facebook app...you may have your facebook linked with your phone and she doesn't...tell her to download the latest version of facebook app and link it to her phone...she has to link your name on the facebook to your phone number (if it's not already set up thru YOUR own facebook account) and connect your pin to your phonebook entry...
    07-22-09 02:38 AM
    -Tour on Verizon

-Installed via DM 5.0

-Heavy - I use BBM constantly throughout the day, I couldn't count how many messages I send/receive each day.

-I still have BBM 5.0 installed, though, I have experienced some of the issues described by others. It seems sometimes that the "D" doesn't appear above the checkmark for multiple messages, then the person I'm messaging says they get a wave of five or so messages at once.

-This is really an intermittent issue, and doesn't seem to happen all that often. I've re-registered, but can't really tell if it has helped or not.

-I've had it for three days now
    07-22-09 04:34 AM
    Flip on Verizon originally on Alltel
    Installed via Apploader
    Light- maybe 30-40 messages per day
    Still installed. I like the look and having all the smileys on one screen as opposed to having to press the symbol key and flipping through all those pages
    No problems in the 2 or so days ive had it.
    07-22-09 05:07 AM
    Using it on the Tour, Storm and a Curve 8330 on Verizon.
    Installed with DM 5.0.
    Using it since it was leaked.
    No installation issues.
    No application issues or errors.
    Use it pretty heavy throughout the day often with 10 or more conversations open at once.

07-22-09 07:56 AM
    1) 9630 Tour on Verizon
    2) DM
    3) Moderate user (2-4 hundred)
    4) Haven't uninstalled it, still using it
    5) I had a problem with delivery confirmation, but I used a few of the suggestions on this board and now it seems to be working well. The service book/host table fix.
    6) Since day 1
    07-22-09 09:31 AM
    Mod, can you move this to the proper forum?? please?
    07-22-09 12:41 PM
    -Blackberry Bold with AT&T
    -installed via DM 4.6
    -Very, very heavy use. Almost all of my friends have BBs(80+ contacts that i actually talk to).
    -downgraded it because it was lagging so bad. Some messages would send right away, others would show as sent but never get delivered, and others would just never even try to send, just sit at the clock.
    -I didn't wait for the problem to resolve, I depend on my BBM too much to wait for the problem to be fixed.
    -I used it for about 2 days. I couldn't deal with it anymore and it was messing me up.

I downgraded to 4.6 BBM OTA and I lost all my contacts. I had a backup, but my VMWare virtual machine won't open so I can't restore from my backup. Now I have to re-add all my contacts, and I don't have all their PINs in my address book. great.
    07-22-09 12:50 PM
    I loved it when I first downloaded it, but after trying to send and receive pictures, I am now annoyed and want the old version back. I even called Blackberry and they said that you HAVE to save all pictures, etc, that come through and you HAVE to wait for them to download to view them. I give it a 2.5 out of 5.

It's approaching the 5th day since BBM 5.0 was first heard of, I'd like to see who is still using it, and who isn't. Tell us:
    -which Blackberry phone you have and carrier
    -which method of installation you used (OTA or DM)
    -are you a light or a heavy BBM user? how much messages do you send/receive in a day?
    -why did you uninstall it? what kind of problems did you have? (if you did)
    -if you had a problem, were you able to resolve it, and how?
    -Also let us know how long you've been using it.

as for me:
    -Blackberry Tour with Sprint
    -installed via DM 5.0
    -I send and receive about 400-500 messages per day.
    -downgraded it because it was lagging so bad. I think I noticed that if I was lagging, and I sent myself a text or receive a text, it gets the ball rolling again on my BBM. But I could be mistaken since I only used it briefly for about 6 hours...
    -I used it for about 6 hours...
    10-30-09 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD